PDA

View Full Version : Land Rover Love Connection

RoverForm
11-30-2010, 07:32 PM
This dating/classified forum has been started in response to http://www.roversnorth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10782

Anyone whant to start a personals section for Jenna on here? Maybe a little about yourself, and a picture of your rover!

I have begun to notice an inordinate amount of women driving Land Rovers. This is really a fantastic trend, and one that I hope continues. I'm not sure what it is about that magical combination, but like peanut butter and chocolate, it really couldn't get much better. What makes the phenomenon better is that these mysterious women do not seem to have a preference for a particular model of Land Rover. Some of them drive Discoveries, some drive Range Rovers and I have only ever seen one woman in Los Angeles driving a Series Land Rover (over on Pico and Westwood). I can't remember if I have seen the white rhino of their kind, a woman driving a Defender, but let's pray that she's out there somewhere. I should also note that, as demonstrated in the picture, wearing aviators while driving a Land Rover manages to increase the hotness factor exponentially. Let's just pray that these women continue to remain immune to rising gas prices.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5167/5221933685_cea76f80a4_b.jpg

A Note to Women:
If you are in the market for a new car, I hope that this post has been beneficial to you. While shopping for a car (the ultimate shopping trip?), I suspect that question has likely crossed your mind "Will I look cute in this car?" Obviously, this is an important question, but let me clear up some misconceptions. Men don't care if you're driving a Mini (no offense Thompson), nor do they care, as some extremely misleading news stories have indicated, if you are trying to get great gas mileage by driving a Prius, and they absolutely hate to you see you driving a hot sports car with more horsepower than their own car. They really just want to see you in a Land Rover, ANY Land Rover. "But those cars are drafty old collie carriers!" you might say. Think of it this way: the colder the cab is, the more you'll want to snuggle up close to your beau and get home to bed. "But those cars are leaf sprung and bumpy!" All the more reason to request that bedtime back rub.

Essentially, once you've caught his attention with a Land Rover, marriage is a sealed deal. So really, think of that simple bolt on chassis construction with aluminium body as the best by far 4 by 4 for investment in your marital future.

So ladies, if you're interested in spending time with some quality, interesting men, get a Land Rover and join the forum. PS: I'm available

Name: RoverForm
My LR:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5169/5221963251_d87768f5b4.jpg

bmohan55
12-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Isn't it bad enough that our wives hate the time and money we spend on our Rovers, let's not give them another reason.

Mod's, delete this thread!!!!!!!!

RoverForm
12-01-2010, 08:34 AM
no no no... this is a dating thread. you know, for all those land rover loving ladies to find single land rover loving guys!

Les Parker
01-15-2011, 11:01 AM
All quiet on the Western front ?

:confused:

73series88
01-16-2011, 08:39 AM
i guess so.