PDA

View Full Version : Rover Wizard........Threads

Howsomever
12-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Do any Rover wizards out there know what thread is used on the Jaeger Speedometer studs on the back. It is close to a standard 8-32 but the thread count appears to be 34 per inch.

Thanks..............Howsomever

Les Parker
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
:)I beleive it to be a BA (British Association) thread. Not sure if its 2BA or 3BA. Do you need a nut for a speedo, I'm sure we can rustle one up for you.

SafeAirOne
12-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Wow...Just when you thought Rover exhausted every single thread sizing system in the world on a single vehicle, a new one presents itself!

RoverForm
12-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow...Just when you thought Rover exhausted every single thread sizing system in the world on a single vehicle, a new one presents itself!
i found this amusing.

Howsomever
12-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks Les...........................

You were correct it is a 3BA. All I wanted to do was chase the threads. That is going to be tough to do because on my speedometer with resetable trip there are two ports for lamps in the back which come out very close to these mounting studs and no clearance for a regular die. Guess I will build a chaser with a regular steal nut and slice it with a Dremel tool. Now if you had a 32 tooth fiber gear that works with the worm on the Jaeger I could fix another regular speedometer. All the repair shops want me to send in the speedos for repair.

Thanks again.............

Howsomever

Les Parker
12-02-2010, 09:45 AM
I do have a BA thread tap and die set... found it at the LRO show when I was in UK a couple of years ago.