PDA

View Full Version : 300tdi

bamarover
03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
http://www.prinsmaasdijk.nl/landroverengine/body300tdi.html
Anyone know if this is legit and what the price is? Better yet, anyone used this to purchase a 300tdi? Seems sort of a minimal web site.
Greg

LaneRover
03-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Unforutnately the site doesn't say anything North America or the United States.

Tim Smith
03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Not sure if you knew this or not but the link you posted was missing the rest of the site. If not then try this instead.

http://www.prinsmaasdijk.nl/landroverengine/indexframe300tdi.html

No idea about the firm but it looks interesting. :thumb-up:

bamarover
03-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the full link. I got the single page link from Google. I have made an inquiry about shipping to U.S.. Will post reply when received.
Greg

J!m
03-29-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm curious as well. 5,300 euro for the 2.8 sounds like a decent price, it is also a direct replacement for the 300Tdi in my defender...:D

To anyone considering this option for the 300, give the 2.8 serious consideration as well. It is a much improved 300 Tdi essentially...

bamarover
03-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Here is the reply (and in a timely manner!). This seems fair priced to me. Jim, can you elaborate on the 300tdi v 2.8? Parts availability in US for either engines?

Dear Greg,

We can offer you:

Engine Land Rover 300 Tdi € 4.750,=
Transport CIF New Orleans € 750,= (Sea freight)

Engine includes
starter,
alternator,
clutch and covern,
enginge mounts and cushions
PAS and vacuum pump
Turbo
Fuelsystem incl fuelfilter and fuellift pump

Conditions:
Prices : net, excl VAT, ex works
Deliverytime : from stock
Payment : by wire transfer, before delivery

We hope this offer suits you, but please don't hesitate to contact me for any of your questions.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Best regards,

Johan Ipenburg

Prins Maasdijk
Tuindersweg 37
2676BD Maasdijk - NL
www.prinsmaasdijk.nl
Tel. +31 (0) 174 516240
Fax. +31 (0) 174 518142

J!m
03-30-2007, 09:45 AM
Rovers North has, or can get every part for the 300 Tdi. This is where I get all my parts, because 9 out of 10 times, I have the part in my hands the next day.

Example: I just ordered a new fan clutch (destroyed mine up north when I slid off the Dempster Highway) and they had it in stock. No, it's not the same part as the V8, it is unique to the Tdi, and they had it in stock, ready to go.

No one else in the USA has more Tdi parts in stock, possibly no one else in North America, as I do not know of anyone with such a comprehensive stock, even in Canada.

As far as the 2.8 goes, basically, it's 20% more HP and torque in a more reliable package with improved cooling passages in the same size and weight power plant and a dual-scroll turbo that spools faster for reduced lag. So instead of 111 HP, you are looking at about 130-140 (and the possibility for much more with careful tuning, but you may break the R380 above 150HP).

Exterior parts (starter, alternator, water pump, fuel injector pump) are all the same as the 300 as far as I know, so easily available. Major interior engine parts are different (crank, pistons, cam), as is the head, and the injectors will have to be different, as more power means more fuel, but if down the road the engine is that far gone, you need a new engine anyway. It should easily do 300K miles, with proper care, so replacement is your son's or grandson's problem, and we'll be going Nuclear at that point anyway... Boring to 3.0 in 45 years or so should be quite easy, if you do not embrace Nuclear power (assuming Diesel power is still legal).

bamarover
04-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, asking the hard questions got the "you are on your own" answer. I think it is a case of they have not done it. State law is not the issue - in AL, you have to have a receipt for all parts ( and they do check for stolen) is the law. Customs, and getting it in the US, is the issue. It seems Prins will willingly accept payment, but really have no export experence or dealers in the US. Anybody know how to get to the US law and the customs procedures, in writing, on whether this can be done for the 300tdi or 2.8T, used vs new, definitioin of used, etc? Getting to the written law is the key so no mistakes are made.

Greg