PDA

View Full Version : Transmission tunnel and seat base

albersj51
12-23-2010, 06:18 PM
So I've got most everything out of the interior except the transmission tunnel and seat base. That being said, how do I get the fairy overdrive level off so I can remove the tunnel?i tried using a wrench to get the big bolt off the lever, but the rover made me pay with more blood.

Also, the PO used some kind of adhesive to stick the seat base to the rear tub and tunnel. I had some luck using a heat gun, but that's very time consuming, anyone have a better idea? any idea what this adhesive is? As always, thanks for the help!

Jason

bkreutz
12-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Get a bigger wrench. :D, Typically the seat box and tunnel have a caulking to seal out the water (or prevent the water that leaks in the doors from draining out). I use a putty knife between the two pieces of metal to cut the caulking. Can't tell you what the PO might have used, hopefully it wasn't the hard set seam sealer.

albersj51
12-23-2010, 07:12 PM
I didn't realize they used calk there, so bet that's what I'm calling adhesive

rovertek
12-24-2010, 12:34 PM
try a putty knife and hammer

albersj51
12-24-2010, 03:08 PM
Gale-while you were partially kidding, you were absolutely right! Found a big @$$ pipe wrench and that did the trick.

As for the caulk i guess it'll just have to be me, a heat gun, putty knife and time. One of the seat belt bolts is stripped, so once I get that out I can get to the putty.

Thanks Guys!

Jason

Get a bigger wrench. :D, Typically the seat box and tunnel have a caulking to seal out the water (or prevent the water that leaks in the doors from draining out). I use a putty knife between the two pieces of metal to cut the caulking. Can't tell you what the PO might have used, hopefully it wasn't the hard set seam sealer.