PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to borrow: Engine hoist

msggunny
01-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Just curious if anyone in the Southern Maine/New Hampshire area had an engine hoist they wouldn't mind lending out.

I cant justify buying one as i will end up only using it a couple of times. Autozone/Advance dont rent them out here either.

Thanks!
Richard

Les Parker
01-04-2011, 07:47 AM
One to loan if you are in the Burlington area....

msggunny
01-04-2011, 10:39 AM
One to loan if you are in the Burlington area....

Is it the kind that will fold up?

I could make it up there but all I have is my Disco, would it fit?

If it was closer i would ask a friend to use his truck, but i wouldnt want to take it that far.

Les Parker
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Fully foldable, pretty heavy, I've banged my knuckles a couple of times on the hydraulic piston a time or two when dismantling/reassembling it.
Its currently supporting a 4.0 DI Manual engine that I was going to put in the Airportable, but now is forlorn in the barn....

Terrys
01-07-2011, 09:18 PM
I rented one from Taylor Rental once. They are a national chain so there might be one in the Portsmouth area. I ended up buying one, which was promptly stolen from my closed factory. Now I just use my John Deere. I have an electric chain hoist you're welcome to borrow, which will fit in the back of any car. If you know anyone coming north through CT, I'll hook you up. ****, I wasn't even planning that pun.