PDA

View Full Version : Salisbury Diff Pinion Speedi-Sleeve

bchene
01-02-2011, 11:56 AM
I am on my second diff pinion speedi-sleeve from our hosts. Mis-communication on first one, looks like wrong size (too small) on the second.
Has anyone used the speedi-sleeve from Rovers North on a salisbury rear diff pinion?
Is the salisbury diff pinion different from a "rover type" rear end differential pinion?
In your experience for a salisbury, should I try too source the speedi-sleeve locally?

Thanks

jac04
01-02-2011, 12:36 PM
Do you have the ability to accurately measure the diameter of the input flange? If so, what is the diameter and what part number (manufacturer's #) speedi-sleeve did you get? That should give us enough info to see if you got the correct sleeve. I measured my own input flange and sourced my own speedi-sleeve without any issues.

Otherwise, take the input flange down to a local machine shop or NAPA and have them get you the correct sleeve.

bchene
01-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I do not have the ability to measure to three decimal places. Was hoping to get an answer today so I could get to NAPA early in the AM if I needed too (even before contacting RN).

Thanks

jac04
01-02-2011, 04:56 PM
Just take the input flange with you to NAPA and they should be able to do the rest.

I Leak Oil
01-03-2011, 12:41 PM
The Salisbury pinion flange is different than the regular old rover one. FWIW, I've never had good luck long term with a speedi-sleeve. Then again haven't had good luck short term with them either.