PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

bitesize
01-07-2011, 02:34 PM
So my ABS and TC lights are on!! My brakes go to the floor and will hardly stop the car. This car has been sitting for 5 years and im just starting to go through it. Any suggestions?? Is this more than likely an ABS issue or brake line/fluid issue?? Thanks for the help!!!

Les Parker
01-08-2011, 09:04 AM
I guess this is a 93-95 Classic, can you hear the ABS pump run for 30-40 seconds when you first start the car?
Here is a link to RN's diagnostic page for checking the ABS cose :-

http://www.roversnorth.com/web/downloads/instructions/RR_ABSfault.pdf

Let us know how you get on.

:)

bitesize
01-08-2011, 12:04 PM
The pump does not run when the car turns on. When I unplug the pump and power it directly it works. I also can get power at the carside of the connection. I can press the pedal to the floor with hardly any braking. The reservoir is full. It is a 1995 LWB

phoenix
01-08-2011, 09:34 PM
start by bleeding the system to make sure you have purged all the air from the lines, make sure all steel and rubber lines are sealed and not leaking, check wheel calipers for leakeage as well.
if all checks ok and pump runs you shoud have a firm pedal which after a few pumps should reactivate abs pump (you can hear it buzz with the key on position 2 regardless of engine running or not).

FenderBender
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Did you check the pump relay? The pump should turn on with the key on.