PDA

View Full Version : Wing Mounted Mirrors

Duckman
01-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I am wanting to mount mirrors on the front wings on my Series III but keep running into an issue. I have a bonnet mounted spare and the 8" arms I have purchased aren't tall enough to allow me to see the mirrors over the spare.

Does anyone know where I can find taller mirror arms? Needing at least an extra 5" (insert jokes here :p).

Andy

jac04
01-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Andy-
How are you mounting the mirrors to the arms? I had short arms on my old IIA with a bonnet mounted spare (7.50 x 16) and never had any issues.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j126/jac04/Land%20Rover/LandRover2aa.jpg

Duckman
01-08-2011, 09:56 AM
After looking at your picture I think I know the problem. My Series III is the MOD Lightweight. Looks like my hood is much taller than the standard Series III.

jac04
01-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Ooh, big difference! Yes, the wing mounted mirrors on the lightweight require lightweight-specific mirror arms. It's not that the hood is taller, it's that the wings are much lower. I don't recall the p/n for the l/w mirror arms, but I have seen them on ebay UK. You could also try lrseries.com or tntlr.com. You could also make a stand-off using a piece of threaded rod or a round bar with a tapped hole in each end.

I just ended up installing the defender type mirrors on mine.

siii8873
01-08-2011, 11:53 AM
The wing mounted mirrors are cool but now here near as functional as hinge mounted mirrors. I find them a little lacking with visibility and difficult to adjust.