PDA

View Full Version : Hole in my tank, hole in my tank, hole in my fuel tank

thpsmr
01-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey all - a while ago my tail pipe got nudged and it landed pressed against the heat shield of the fuel tank. The pipe then proceeded to burn through the heat shield and made it's way to the tank itself.

To add color to the story... I was on the Mass Pike "B" lining it to Boston for my brothers wedding rehearsal. 30 miles from the alter fuel begins to spill on to the Pike.:eek: SCARY

Several layers of JB Weld and coat hanger wire have my Defender on the road but I need to find a replacement fuel tank, but I cannot find one ANYWHERE. Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get one or some other solution?

I did hear that a Disco '97-'98 tank would fit my '97 D-90 from one source but nobody else can confirm it.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance

thpsmr
Sam Rose

thpsmr
01-20-2011, 04:14 PM
To good to be true?
I heard of a guy, who heard of a guy who has a "almost like new" '97 D90 fuel tank and will sell and ship it from the UK for wait, wait... $150! I'm desperate... but am I that desperate to do something I would normally think stupid.

Does anyone know about a 97 Disco tank and if it can be squeezed into a D90?

dogfood1
02-01-2011, 11:00 PM
I went through this same saga late last year. I ended up getting totally violated and paid a ton for a used NAS Defender tank. Still paid less than the $1200 the Land Rover parts source gave my mechanic.

I do have my '94 tank with the hole, probably needs some plastic welding to be just fine if anyone is interested.

I've never heard of the $150 UK solution....

phoenix
02-06-2011, 03:39 PM
check with our host for parts compatibitlity, if not maybe atlantic british or even british pacific for parts number match.