J.McKelvey
01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Anyone going?

I Leak Oil
01-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Will be camping out back as usual!

Lord Icon
01-18-2011, 04:39 PM
Yup. The hounds of hell could not keep me away. George the Series 3 has been an ever present project every waking moment. Even the wife is coming this year. She says she will camp out in the hotel if the rover is not up to keeping her warm enough. I just finished a front crank seal and oil filter conversion and am doing the best I can to insulate the bulkhead and floor.
Bottom line, I will walk there if I have to.

Cutter
01-18-2011, 05:30 PM
I am hoping to make it to my first Romp, I have to get recovery points on my truck and some of the other required bits. The larger challenge is I have to convince my wife to let me leave her and our 1 year old for the weekend.

JimCT
01-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Our '68 ambulance and kuvasz will be there once again. Anyone who can make the weekend it is well worth it. Bruce deserves and yearly award for all the work he puts into the Romp

73series88
01-19-2011, 03:52 AM
when are people heading out
i want to go from southeastern ct
im just worried about the ride
thats a long way
my rover in tops (knock on wood)
but you never know
maybe a caravan?
aaron

mongoswede
01-19-2011, 06:12 AM
would a 1980 Land Cruiser FJ44 be allowed to attend? My rovers are not done yet and a friend just got his rhd FJ44 or FJ47 cannot remember which it is and might be interested in going.

Cutter
01-19-2011, 08:09 AM
thats a long way
but you never know
maybe a caravan?
aaron
Not sure about my departure time, but I'm in Providence and would caravan with you and /or be an emergency pit stop with what tools I have if needed. I would definitely be more comfortable making the drive with other rovers owners, though I am guessing if you broke down on the way up, it wouldn't be long until someone went by.

I Leak Oil
01-19-2011, 09:27 AM
would a 1980 Land Cruiser FJ44 be allowed to attend? My rovers are not done yet and a friend just got his rhd FJ44 or FJ47 cannot remember which it is and might be interested in going.
You'd better run that by Bruce. I don't think he's too keen on people bringing non rover products, especially if he doesn't know you. I think he's had some less than desireable experiences with people of other vehicle cultures. But like I said, best to ask him. It's his event.

mongoswede
01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
You'd better run that by Bruce. I don't think he's too keen on people bringing non rover products, especially if he doesn't know you. I think he's had some less than desireable experiences with people of other vehicle cultures. But like I said, best to ask him. It's his event.

it will probably be a non issue....doesn't look like we or it will be ready...I think my friend has decided to hide the truck in the garage for the winter.

JimCT
01-19-2011, 04:20 PM
We usually try and leave Friday morning from Deep River and head up 395 at a relatively slow pace.

SalemRover
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM

Dont say anything about the dayglow orange FJ. That will blend right in as soon as he finds a wheelbearing. Right?

Ill be camping/freezing in back looking for things to burn and or poke with a stick.

Tim Smith
01-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Looks like I might not be able to make it this year. There just isn't enough time in a day. :(

ducttape
01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Is it silly to ask, what romp?

When, where, is it open?

I Leak Oil
01-20-2011, 04:53 AM
www.winterromp.org (http://www.winterromp.org)

I Leak Oil
01-20-2011, 04:55 AM
Dont say anything about the dayglow orange FJ. That will blend right in as soon as he finds a wheelbearing. Right?

Ill be camping/freezing in back looking for things to burn and or poke with a stick.

That was the longest trip to a parts store in my life! 2 1/2 hours each way and no dice to boot.:mad:

I hope Bruce has some cool stuff to burn again....

rwollschlager
01-20-2011, 12:31 PM
thats a long way
but you never know
maybe a caravan?
aaron

Aaron,

just check all fluids, be liberal with the di-electric grease, and go slow, you'll make it up there fine. The 109 with the roverdrive got us there in roughly 6 hours, not too bad for the 300 mile trip.

-Rob

stonefox
01-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Aaron,

just check all fluids, be liberal with the di-electric grease, and go slow, you'll make it up there fine. The 109 with the roverdrive got us there in roughly 6 hours, not too bad for the 300 mile trip.

-Rob
Rob- What connections are you using the dielectric on? I use it on trailer light connections and my snowplow connections.Just wondering what else you are using it on.I've been told that "Never seize " does the same thing of promoting better connections ,anybody concure.

rwollschlager
01-21-2011, 12:29 AM
Rob- What connections are you using the dielectric on? I use it on trailer light connections and my snowplow connections.Just wondering what else you are using it on.I've been told that "Never seize " does the same thing of promoting better connections ,anybody concure.

I normally put it on all of the spark plug wires (both ends), sometimes a thin bead around the inside edge of the distributor cap, all of the wires going to the coil, and probably unnecessary, but the fuse block of my 109 is under the hood i usually put some on the fuses too (sometimes faulty connections there due to dirt and grime cause my indicators to work intermittently). I have heard of the copper anti-seize grease working as an electric grease but have no personal experience of this. The normal silver anti-sieze does more worse than good on connections.

-Rob

J.McKelvey
01-21-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm planning on leaving Saint John friday morning and convoy with some other rovers coming down from the maritimes.

I'm looking forward to making it down.. I haven't been in 10 years.

Hopefully it all works out.

John

Lord Icon
01-21-2011, 08:07 PM
I am leaving for the great white north in the series 3 ( untried/ untested) around 9-10am.
If all goes as usual I won't get on the road till noon. Anyone coming up from the south that wants to pit here and make last minute repairs can call me and use the rover barn. Storage if it goes badly. I am at the centre of NH and the border of Mass. in Mason NH.
We all have to stick together.
Kris

SafeAirOne
01-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Please forgive me if you've already read this on the Guns and Rovers board:

Anyone from Connecticut going to Winter Romp? I'm hoping to find someone who has the room and is willing to take those military cases listed in the classified section (http://siteground237.com/~gunsandr/showthread.php?361-ECS-Military-Shipping-Cases), back to CT, so a potential buyer in Danbury can pick them up.

I can meet up with you anywhere that you pass through New Hampshire as you're returning home (Of course I'm presuming you're not returning via the Canadian route or the Atlantic Ocean route).

Thanks!

Tim Smith
01-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Please forgive me if you've already read this on the Guns and Rovers board:

Anyone from Connecticut going to Winter Romp? I'm hoping to find someone who has the room and is willing to take those military cases listed in the classified section (http://siteground237.com/%7Egunsandr/showthread.php?361-ECS-Military-Shipping-Cases), back to CT, so a potential buyer in Danbury can pick them up.

I can meet up with you anywhere that you pass through New Hampshire as you're returning home (Of course I'm presuming you're not returning via the Canadian route or the Atlantic Ocean route).

Thanks! Ping me for a correct price.