PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to 5 Main Brg Engine Same?

rosims
01-21-2011, 09:37 PM
I am going back with a 5 main bearing engine to replace my 3 main engine. My question is, the engine mount brackets from the 3 main engine block, both have 2 bolts hold ing each one to the block, on the 5 main enginem block, one side has 2 bolts, one has 4 bolts. Can you just use 2 holes or will I need to try and find the correct bracket for the one side? The side with the 4 bolts is on the left side of the block, the right side has 2 bolts. Ha anyone mae this swap? I thought that they were just a bolt in swap? Everything else seems to be OK. BTW its a 67 11a 109 s/w if it matters. Robert

Moose
01-22-2011, 12:56 PM
I replaced my three brg for a five bearing engine from the UK years ago. It dropped right in with no changes at all. If the brackets on your new engine are different, can you not just move the brackets from the old engine over?

Brett

rosims
01-23-2011, 12:40 PM
The problem is my 5 main engine does not have any brackets. Swapping over the right side is no proble, they both only have 2 bolts attaching them to the block. The problem is the left hand side. On my 3 main eng, the bracket has 2 bolts, on the 5 main engine it has 4 bolts. I'm going to put them on just using 2 bolts, just have to make sure they line up.