PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Help...03 or 04 ?

jrd51ox
01-26-2011, 09:05 AM
Hello,
It's been a long time since I've been back on the forum. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying this winter rover weather.

Well I completed my Series III last year and now I'm searching for my next rover. Recently my work commute changed from being 150 miles a day to 30. So it's time to say goodbye to the Jetti Tdi and get back into a Discovery.

I've owned a 98 and and a 05 LR3 in the past but never a series II disco. I'm aiming for a 03 or 04. What are the main differences besides head lights & roof racks?

I need to know what stay away from, seems like there are alot of shady discos in NJ for some reason. Any & all disco info is needed and very much appreicated.

Thanks again & stay warm everyone.

Jeremy

AU_88
01-26-2011, 12:39 PM
Hello,
It's been a long time since I've been back on the forum. Hope all is well and everyone is enjoying this winter rover weather.

Well I completed my Series III last year and now I'm searching for my next rover. Recently my work commute changed from being 150 miles a day to 30. So it's time to say goodbye to the Jetti Tdi and get back into a Discovery.

I've owned a 98 and and a 05 LR3 in the past but never a series II disco. I'm aiming for a 03 or 04. What are the main differences besides head lights & roof racks?

I need to know what stay away from, seems like there are alot of shady discos in NJ for some reason. Any & all disco info is needed and very much appreicated.

Thanks again & stay warm everyone.

Jeremy

The 04 has CDL linkage and a few minor changes. Honestly I would go for a clean 04... If you don't plan to take it off-road or modify it, I would just get an LR3 again.