PDA

View Full Version : Fuel filler door-pics/advice needed

knac1234
01-30-2011, 12:52 PM
Hello all,

So I filled up with gas the other day in my 03 Disco. Went to close the fuel filler door, and it would not latch closed.

Upon looking closer, the plastic clip that goes onto the door itself was broken. After two tries (the first clip broke) I replaced the clip properly, and it will still not hold the door closed.

The problem appears to be the pin (operated by the button on the dash) is not engaging the clip on the door itself.

The pin moves in and out fine (wife pressed the button while I watched), but it seems too short to engage the clip.

Can anyone send me a pic of the pin on their Disco to compare lengths when it is fully out (supposed to be engaging the clip)?

Is it possible the end of the metal pin could have snapped off, or it is not extending fully upon releasing the button on the dash? Easy fix or not????

Any comments or tips from those having had the problem appreciated!

Cheers,
Julian

03 Disco
04 Freelander
72 Series III
few other non-LR Brit vehicles!

cnaveaux
02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I measured mine,1/2 inch. I too have 03 Discovery and had same issue. I replaced the actuator behind right rear cargo space just behind fuel door. The actuator would not move the piston far enough thus would not catch the door latch.

knac1234
02-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks cnaveaux-

A couple of days ago, as some have done, I bent the metal piece on the fuel door to which the plastic latch is fitted very slightly.

Door sits flush, opens, and opened and closed nicely on my last fill up :thumb-up:

Cheers,
Julian