PDA

View Full Version : Maine Winter Romp, Feb. 18-21, 2011

Jeff Aronson
01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
This is a very entertaining event, low-key with lots of options for all Land Rover models and driver experiences. In recent years around 100 vehicles have made the trip from all over the northeastern US and Canada.

For information, here's their official website and open forum (http://www.winterromp.org).

The "official hotel," formerly the Holiday Inn - Waterville, is now called "The Waterville Grand Hotel." The great room deal [app. $55/night] remains the same - just mention "Land Rover" when you register.

Also, Land Rover enthusiast Jassy Smith owns and operates The Seed and Bean (http://www.seedbean.com/) in W. Kennebunk, ME, not far from the Kennebunk exit off the Maine Turnpike. Coincidentally, the first rest area on the Turnpike is that very exit. Take that exit and follow the signs towards Kennebunk. Within .5 mile, look for Alfred Rd. on your right. Head west towards Alfred: The Seed and Bean is on154 Alfred Rd. Their phone number is 207-636-7555.

If you're driving up from southern New England, treat yourself to a stop here. I know you'll be well received!

Jeff

solihull109
01-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Hey Jeff, your link to the seed and bean didn't work for me....

Jeff Aronson
01-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks, Carey, for the heads-up. Try the link now and it should work fine.

Jeff

Firemanshort
02-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Today's Daddy-Daughter project.

Jeff Aronson
02-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Looking forward to seeing the Rover at the event!

Jeff

msggunny
02-16-2011, 05:20 PM
For those of you coming from the south, Im right off I95 exit 25 (Kennebunkport) if you need assistance or what ever. Phone number: six one four six three four three zero four five

I drive from Kittery to that exit every day in the afternoon. Hopefully i will see a few of you on the drive home friday.

Not sure if i will make it or not.

Yes i am being a bitch.

My 2 disco's are DD's and my SIII isnt up to the task yet, cant afford the breakage.

Might show up Saturday morning or evening at the hotel to shoot the ****.

solihull109
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
For those of you coming from the south, Im right off I95 exit 25 (Kennebunkport) if you need assistance or what ever. Phone number: six one four six three four three zero four five

I drive from Kittery to that exit every day in the afternoon. Hopefully i will see a few of you on the drive home friday.

Not sure if i will make it or not.

Yes i am being a bitch.

My 2 disco's are DD's and my SIII isnt up to the task yet, cant afford the breakage.

Might show up Saturday morning or evening at the hotel to shoot the ****.

That's a mighty fine skirt you're wearing gunny....... I think I'll refer to you as Sally from now on.....:D