PDA

View Full Version : Gauge questions

albersj51
02-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Im looking at picking up a series 3 combo gauge...water temp, oil temp and fuel for my 2a.

1. Im assuming it will fit the 2a dash without mod, right?
2. Its from an ex-mod 24v system and mine is 12v. Will the gauge require modification to work on a 12v system or is it plug and play?
3. All gauges are electrical, not mechanical. Ive got a new fuel sender for a 2a (broke mine) and a new water temp transmitter (mine never had a water temp gauge). Will these wire up to this gauge?
4. Lastly, its got oil temp, which I dont currently have. What would I need in order to gain this function on a 2a?

Thanks!

Jason

Alaskan Rover
02-03-2011, 02:29 AM
Regarding the the question of will the 24v guages work on your 12v IIA, I'm not quite sure. It won't blow your guages, that's for sure. The worst that would happen is that you might find that they just won't register on a 12 volt relay. Since you already have the 24v set, I'd say give it a go and find out.

Regarding the engine oil temp, I can't remember if my IIA has a temp sender plug or not. I sorta remember a sending unit just forward of the distributer on the right side of the engine, but that might just be a figment of my overactive imagination. If not, you may be able to find an oil-pressure sending unit that INCLUDES a temp sending unit. I bought my oil-pressure sending unit as an after-market part, mine didn't include a temp unit, but I am sure they make a unit that includes both.

albersj51
02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks, Alaskan. Like you, im assuming the 24v won't be an issue, but want to confirm. I don't have it yet, but I think its a decent deal provided it works with my truck. I'm hoping I can get answers here before I buy it.