X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cachinfool
    Low Range
    • Aug 2007

Clutch Issues

First some history. When I first got my 69 IIa the clutch was frozen up. I was able to free it buy hooking up a tow strap to the IIa and the hitch on my LR3 and giving a few good jerks. The clutch has been working fine since, not really driving it just moving it around the driveway to work on it. Well a couple of weeks I got a letter from the city about my JUNK vehicle and that they were going to tow it away if I didn't do something with it. Decided to get current tags, get the put the fenders back on, they were off to replace the the rusted out foot wells and door pillars and I just haven't gotten around to putting the fenders back on. Any way I got one fender on and decided to put the right side up on a ramp to make it easier to get the right fender back on and a few odds and ends. It was on the ramp for about a week and when I went to get it off the ramp on Thursday the clutch wasn't working. I pulled the passenger side (rt) floor board up and I am getting movement in the linkage,see picture. How much movement should I be getting right now it's moving down about 3/4".
    How come dumb stuff always seems so smart when your doing it?
    David Crockett
  • cachinfool
    Low Range
    • Aug 2007

Turns out it was a stuck disk again. Pushed the clutch in put in in reverse and cranked it over a bucking and jerking and it broke loose and all is good now.
    How come dumb stuff always seems so smart when your doing it?
    David Crockett

Comment

Working...