PDA

View Full Version : HELP 5 main brg metric engine

rosims
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I just about got my engine ready to install but got one small problem. The heater valve that goes in the back of the head threads are different than on the on the metric engine. The 5 main engine is metric and there is nothing in the head for a hose or valve. Any suggestions on what supposed to go there? An adapter or hose barb? Heater valve? What was originally there on a series iii? Then who has it? All I can find is a plug but thenthe heater can't be used Thanks Robert

jac04
02-08-2011, 01:52 PM
ERC9453 is the metric heater hose fitting for the rear of the head. There is also a sealing washer washer required, part number 243959.
Couldn't find the fitting on the RN site. Looks like Rovers Down South or www.tntlr.com has the fitting.

rosims
02-08-2011, 05:12 PM
ERC9453 is the metric heater hose fitting for the rear of the head. There is also a sealing washer washer required, part number 243959.
Couldn't find the fitting on the RN site. Looks like Rovers Down South or www.tntlr.com has the fitting.
Thanks, Besides getting a manual oil guage fitting adapter from the oil pressure switch, that's the last peice of the puzzle.(Hopefully).

Les Parker
02-09-2011, 07:49 AM
I ws under the impression you were in need of a metric heater valve adaptor.
RN has a listing for the heater hose nipple (RNC981), though Landrover list it as No Longer Available !:(