PDA

View Full Version : 1996 D1 radio amp?

luckyjoe
02-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Is the amp internal, or separate from the head unit? If separate, where is it located?

My radio powers up, and without any exterior noise, you can almost make out the sound at max volume.

Thanks,

msggunny
02-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Is the amp internal, or separate from the head unit? If separate, where is it located?

My radio powers up, and without any exterior noise, you can almost make out the sound at max volume.

Thanks,

Get a new non OEM radio. You will be much happier. You will need to run wires to the speakers which you will want to replace too....

achampagne
02-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Turn the volume all the way up on the radio, then use the volume control on the dash behind the sterring wheel and turn it all the way up> i bet that solves your quiet radio issue.

luckyjoe
02-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Turn the volume all the way up on the radio, then use the volume control on the dash behind the sterring wheel and turn it all the way up> i bet that solves your quiet radio issue.

I wish it would, but my amp is toast...

SGFMORover
02-22-2011, 11:15 PM
redid my 95 disco stereo a few years ago, but I do remember being able to reuse the factory wiring for everything but the subs in the back door (actually pulled one jumpseat and built a sealed 10" sub/amp into the back recently since I didn't feel like trying to wedge specialty speakers into the back door again). rear door subs have an amp in the back door. I'm thinking, and don't hold me to this, that I traced the wire froom the head unit, behind the glove box and to an amp for the front/rear speakers somwhere screwy like under the passenger seat? the speaker wires are black w\ a colored stripe and twisted together so they look like speaker wires and are traceable IF i remember correctly pulled them back from under the door step and up to new head unit. Like I said its been 4 years? and a LOT of wiring in the rover since then. My most distinct memory was that It went faster than I remembered, couple hours and a few beers, but had significant trouble getting the new head unit to mount straight. if you have trouble message me and I'll pull out my project book and schems off RAVE for u. think I did it around when I put the aftermarket remote start/alarm in in which case I've got a whole booklet of wiring I had to make in case I ever needed to fix something. conclusion: no problem! u got this!