PDA

View Full Version : Green bible on CDs?

widerberg
02-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi, All:

The (Series III) Green Bible that our Hosts sell, is that included on the manuals DVD that our Hosts also sell?

I want the Green Bible, but if it's available on the DVD, I like the ability to print out relevant pages rather than dirtying the book up in the garage.

Apologies if this has already been answered. I searched but didn't find anything.

Bo

gudjeon
02-16-2011, 12:14 PM
A googly search can reveal manual(s) available for download and you can burn your own CD. I will not post a link as some frown upon this free stuff.:sly:

widerberg
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks, Gudjeon. I've got a few PDFs lying around on one of my computers, but wasn't sure if any were the famed "Green Bible" I read so much about. I'll have to have a look around. Maybe I already have it?

Having said that, I think I'll still buy the actual book as I think it would look good sitting in the old bookshelf.

rover_chump
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Greetings,

Yes, the DVD that RN sells does have the complete Factory Workshop Manual, Factory Parts catalog, Owners Manual. :thumb-up:

gudjeon
02-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I think the Green Bible refers to the factory manual - with its green cover. I have one for my ser1 but seldom open it. I print off what I need and use that. I write down my crib notes on them and put them in a binder should I ever need it later. Things like locally procured bearing and seals,etc. I would rather get a cheap print off greasy than my old testament.:thumb-up:

widerberg
02-17-2011, 11:49 AM
I think the Green Bible refers to the factory manual - with its green cover. I have one for my ser1 but seldom open it. I print off what I need and use that. I write down my crib notes on them and put them in a binder should I ever need it later. Things like locally procured bearing and seals,etc. I would rather get a cheap print off greasy than my old testament.:thumb-up:

Great ideas. An idea I picked up from another forum is to create a "maintenance and/or restoration diary" of sorts, in a 3-ring binder. You can keep notes in it, tech pages, supplier lists, etc., and with those plastic sleeved pages, you can even keep receipts in it. Mine's still in the, er, "planning" stages. One day, though, I'm going to get around to creating one. Putting crib notes and manual print outs in there would work out nicely, too.

gudjeon
02-17-2011, 12:00 PM
Plastic Sleeves? It is starting to look like a scrap booking project.:rolleyes:

widerberg
02-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Plastic Sleeves? It is starting to look like a scrap booking project.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm. That means, I may be able to get the wife to do it for me. :thumb-up:

John O from Jersey
02-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Warning:

"You can even keep your receipts in it"
"That means I can get my wife to help"

Those two statements taken together might cause disaster.

I very early on in my project lost the spreadsheet where I was keeping track of costs. Don't know how it happened - must have been a computer virus.....

:D