PDA

View Full Version : Double Pulley Crank?

bamarover
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Any way around a double pulley crank for TeriAnn's power steering conversion? If not, I need a double pulley crank pulley for a 2.25L Petrol. Anyone have an extra used one they will part with at a fair price?
Thanks,
Greg

singingcamel
04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
greg, i think i may have one around,i'll have to look.whats a fair price?

bamarover
04-04-2007, 02:39 PM
P.M. sent to singingcamel. Anyone think getting a double pulley alternator and situating PS pump above it would work?
Thanks,
Greg

Chris McKnight
04-04-2007, 03:40 PM
My double alternator pulley drives my air compressor just fine, but I'm not sure how much of a power difference there is between a compressor and a hydraulic pump.

The nice thing about this setup is that everything is stock (crank, water pump, and alternator belt/routing), and the compressor simply runs off of a smaller auxillary belt going to the alternator. The alternator needed a double pulley anyways for alignment, as its an AC Delco.

Chris

J!m
04-05-2007, 10:38 AM
I run the double pulley on my 88 (driving a Delco alternator).

I got the used pulley from Les at RN. Give him a call and see if they have any used ones around. They deal in a lot of military engines, and I got a nice one at a fair price (several years ago).

singingcamel
04-06-2007, 09:26 AM
i looked for you yesterday, did'nt find it sorry..:(

bamarover
04-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the tips and efforts. Les @ RN has a used double pulley coming to me. My son is going to U Pull em for the rest of the stuff for the PS conversion. Will post pics when we get it done.
Thanks,
Greg

Tabercro
04-07-2007, 07:41 AM
Greg,

I don't think the double pulley really works for all Rovers in this application. At least it didn't for me. I replaced the pulley before even checking the clearance. For me, with a non-military spec. frame and radiator, there was not the space to run another belt where I needed.

My solution was to run another belt off my Delco alternator which already had the double pulley on it. The brackets took awhile to get just right, but it wasn't too bad. I'd be happy to send you pictures of the whole process.

I've never had any problems running my PS pump off the alternator.

$0.02,
Tom

bamarover
04-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Any pics you have would be a great help! Thanks,
Greg

J!m
04-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Just for clarification, I am running the double pulley on the crank, water pump (which also has the military cooling fan) and alternator with a civilian-spec 1971 88" with no clearance or other problems as noted.

I do not have (or need) power steering. If it is heavy to steer, it is likely the steering relay is all rusted up. When I replaced mine, it was like adding power steering.... Keep it oiled!