PDA

View Full Version : Skunked, need some hoop set parts

ducttape
02-24-2011, 07:32 PM
My 88" hoop set showed up, without the front piece to tie the canvas to the windscreen, with the wrong center hoop in the back (it came with a full legged hoop) and therefore with the wrong horizontal bars. And of course, no anchors to hold the hoops to the bed. Only because I specifically asked to make sure those were included, I'm sure.

Ugh! I want to drive!

Does anyone have any spare hoop set parts they can part with?

Is anyone interested in the wrong parts I have?

I have to stop complaining, but, ugh!

robert wood
02-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I have loads of the piece on top of the windshield 604 925 1260 days Ray

TedW
02-24-2011, 09:36 PM
My 88" hoop set showed up, without the front piece to tie the canvas to the windscreen, with the wrong center hoop in the back (it came with a full legged hoop) and therefore with the wrong horizontal bars. And of course, no anchors to hold the hoops to the bed. Only because I specifically asked to make sure those were included, I'm sure.

Ugh! I want to drive!

Does anyone have any spare hoop set parts they can part with?

Is anyone interested in the wrong parts I have?

I have to stop complaining, but, ugh!

Sooooo, who did it show up from? Why don't you just call them and have them ship the missing parts?

AU_88
02-25-2011, 07:08 AM
I have loads of the piece on top of the windshield 604 925 1260 days Ray

What about the Right Hand Drain Channel Door Top?

ducttape
02-25-2011, 11:33 AM
Sooooo, who did it show up from? Why don't you just call them and have them ship the missing parts?

I don't like to bad mouth folks but at this point I am more interested n protecting the community than this guy. It is Zak out in Oregon. and, I email 6 times and left two phone messages. After he complained that the $30 Fed Ex he calculated to quote the sale ended up costing him $110 because of over size I get the feeling he is cutting my losses. And ripping me off.

But, maybe my faith in the system will be restored...

ducttape
03-02-2011, 05:38 AM
I found the piece for over the windscreen (Thx Ray!) Roversresource hasn't returned my inquiries. Anyone else have ideas for short hoop and bars?

Thx!

bpj911
03-02-2011, 06:46 AM
You try Ike? He has everything from what I hear.

AU_88
03-02-2011, 07:05 AM
You try Ike? He has everything from what I hear.

Who is Ike?

sailtech
03-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Ike Goss is an outstanding guy. Reach him at: pangolin4x4@aol.com

slorocco
03-03-2011, 01:26 PM
The horizontal bars are easy. Go to your local hardware store and buy some EMT conduit. Measure out how long you need the bars to be and cut to length. Flatten both ends in a vise or with a BFH, drill a hole in each end and your done.

You also might want to call Mike http://www.localautoparts.org/Vermont/Bit-Of-Britain-55913.html
He's much closer to you. He may still have some odd LR parts laying around in the barn.

siii8873
03-03-2011, 01:38 PM
Iyou need lengths for the horizontal bars and hole spacing send me a note. I have a set off a truck and can get them for you.
The conduit thing is what I was saying in my note to you, quite simple.

ducttape
03-04-2011, 05:36 PM
Thx, I found most of the remaining pieces from Richard at Rover Resources. Not cheap, but I figure I'd cut my losses.The only thing worse then spending a lot of money and getting skunked is spending a lot of money, getting skunked, AND having to put labor in too!

I'll let you know about the middle piece in a few weeks. Hopefully I'll have everything on by then

thx guys

d

PS, still missing the anchors to hold the 4 brackets down. I just can bring myself to spend $35 bucks plus postage with our hosts.