PDA

View Full Version : D2 HEADACHE

roven
03-02-2011, 07:41 PM
2001 D2 a month ago engine light came on flashing ran bad chugges and misses but is good when on the pedal. Took it in to my local rover dealer and they said i need new coil packs and #5&8 are missfiring. 3 days later same thing. 2nd. visit they say 2 of my 02 sensors are bad go home order replace all 4. 3 days later same thing. 3rd. visit go back they say mass air flow sensor bad. Go home order replace 3 days later same thing.So i also change plugs seeing the wires are also new and they're not open on sat. 3 days later same thing. 4th visit tell them i'm not paying for anything untill this is fixed. 2 days later they call to tell me i've put the wrong plugs in- the same ones i took out! Tell me they should be ngk or champion. Ask them for the plug part #. It happens to be Bosch NLP100320 what i put in. 2 days later they call and tell me it's my cam, crank or knock sensor and say i don't care fix it. Over 2000.00 in parts alone - labor at $95.00/hr x 40 hrs.! 6 this evening i call and get voice mail. By 7 they call and say still doesn't run and will dropping off a LR2 at work for me because it could be another week after they remove all wiring harnesses from engine and check for bad leads?!
Anybody got a comment/idea. You know it's going to get even better next week.:eek:

AU_88
03-04-2011, 05:17 PM
Welcome to DII ownership. I drove mine today, the brakes felt horrible, looked at all the rotors and found that one of the bolts holding on my driver side front caliper had backed out and the caliper was at an angle scraping up against the rim. My plan is to put new rotors and pads on, change the MAF, and O2 sensors and an ABS sensor and then put the truck up for sale.

Anybody want a very modded DII?

kevin-ct
03-04-2011, 05:53 PM
WOW,

Looks like they will have changed all the parts in the engine bay. I would ask them if the shop forman is working on it. I bet that the parts that they are removing are still good! :eek:

discocrazy
03-16-2011, 11:22 AM
my 01 dII was running like crap at idle for awhile but ok while driving then it got worse, really really bad. I went all the way down to the heads I had a valve sticking which will cause rough idle, back fire sputtering etc.
had head and valve cleaned and machined, replaced all gaskets, timing chain and gears, water pump, plugs and wires, runs great now, or for the time being. I know purge valves will cause rough idle. Those coil pack normaly dont go bad on those bosch engines, and there a pain to get to?

roven
03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the reply discocrazy. Hope I don't have to go that far. Still driving a LR2 they gave me it's been over a month! It sucks blind spots every where you look. They called tonight and said they're going to clean out all air intakes. Like that that will help.
I'll keep posting 'till this is done.
Once again anyone with ideas on this?
ROVEN