PDA

View Full Version : Body Capping

rejeep
03-05-2011, 05:46 PM
so..
i finished my teardown (as far as Im going) of the rover today..
planning on dropping off into paint this week..

I had a thought and was wondering if anybody else has done or seen this..

My Body caping is already painted by the PO so im going with it..
I have also decided to paint the windshield frame body color, leaving the capping as the single accent piece on the rover aside from the roof..

SO i thought why not paint the capping the same color as the top???
has anybody seem body capping in limestone? I have seen it black and silver but not limestone..
would it be too much? not flow? or???

looking for suggestions..

siii8873
03-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Moat body cappings are painted the same color at the truck that I have seen when painted.

rejeep
03-05-2011, 06:21 PM
im toying with that also as an idea.. but I do like the way it breaks up the body from a visual perspective..

siii8873
03-05-2011, 07:20 PM
here's a pic of a rover w/ painted cappings.

sailtech
03-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I recently had my windshield frame, front bumper, and all the body capping re-galvanized. It cost $75 to have some of the parts media blasted, then $138 for the galvanizing.

Obviously, there was some work involved to remove the parts, and there will be more after I paint, to put them back. But, it hasn't been that difficult, so far. I learned most of what I needed to know from the Roverhaul site.

It's your Rover and you should do what makes you happy. I just wanted you to know that the galvanized route isn't as challenging mechanically, or financially, as I expected.