PDA

View Full Version : alternator bracket

siii8873
03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
was working on installing the ancillaries on my 2.25 petrol. Found out that my alternator bracket is severely cracked. Anyone have one they could part with?
May have an issue with one of my head bolt holes being stripped also.
Think I have two options helicoil or go one size up and rat out manifold hole to give same hole clearance for expansion. thoughts?
I bought a proline exhaust manifold fixing kit and it was missing a few parts.

jac04
03-06-2011, 02:53 PM
I have one. It is p/n 574855 (which supercedes to ETC4357). PM me if interested.

lrdukdog
03-06-2011, 04:49 PM
was working on installing the ancillaries on my 2.25 petrol. Found out that my alternator bracket is severely cracked.

Where did it come from? As I am in the market for one as you might say.
Jim Wolf

siii8873
03-06-2011, 06:56 PM
It was on my 69 bugeye engine. I changed engines, did a lower end rebuild and was preparing to put it back together when I found the break.
A rover guy told me that when tightening the ears on an alternator bracket ony crank down on one of the sides and just snug up the other.
If there is any difference in the spacing of the ears on the bracket and the mount on the engine they are easy to crack. Could be what the PO did.

Lord Icon
03-06-2011, 07:43 PM
I upgraded to the upper mount and have made the lower oem one redundant. If I can get it off you can have it. I won't have free time till the end of the week though...
Pm me and we can sort it out.
Kris

masonater
03-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I have one that I bead blasted and powder coated hi temp black that I was going to use but have since upgraded to Ike's upper one. Let me know if your interested