PDA

View Full Version : need differential for 1973 SeriesIII . where can I find parts or rebuilt differential

gies
03-09-2011, 04:16 PM
May just need pinion gear. Any ideaas where to shop for best price and availability? Thanks

I Leak Oil
03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Ring and pinion gears are usually a matched set. Probably won't get good results just replacing one or the other. Our host will probably sell you a set if you ask them nicely. There are others that sell them as well. A search will turn up other vendors. Used units, just have to keep asking around.

bkreutz
03-09-2011, 05:50 PM
You probably should diagnose what happened to it before ordering parts. If it locked up going down the road, other things may have been damaged, if it went "pop" and then wouldn't move, you may have just snapped an axle and the diff is fine. You didn't elaborate the "why" of needing to replace it.

derekchace
03-09-2011, 06:11 PM
where are you located. I have one in VT if you live close. It was given to me along with another when I was out a rear dif. Let me know if you can drive up and come and get it its yours. Time to pass on the good rover karma.

yorker
03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
IIRC the early Series IIIs had an issue with their ring gear bolts. I have vague memories of this being a big issue back then. Maybe yours survived until now.

There are plenty of these diffs around, most people can't be bothered to ship them though. Where are you located?