PDA

View Full Version : Weber Carb Service

siii8873
03-14-2011, 04:31 PM
I worked on servicing my 34ICH carb, with a RN kit. No wonder the truck would hardly run. The bowl had quite an accumulation of a white/yellowish crap in it as did the inlet filter. Much like water calcium scale.
I replaced the parts from the service kit but ended up with 4 extra parts?? Two small O-rings and what looks like two small lip seals (see pics). Can't tell where they might go or is this a general kit with extra parts?
Anyone know?

jac04
03-14-2011, 07:08 PM
The small seals are for the throttle shaft, which I assume you didn't bother to remove. One o-ring may be for the fuel shut-off solenoid, which you may not have - there may be a plug there instead.

siii8873
03-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Jeff,
thanks, I did not remove the throttle plate / shaft. On the schematic it only showed bushings left on the throttle shaft, would these be the bushings? I'll pull this all the way apart and look.

On my carb there is not a shutdown solenoid, there is an idle jet/ holder there which I did change the O-Ring on.

Still two mystery o-rings. I don't see them anywhere on the schematic or carb.

Thanks
Bob

jac04
03-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Check out this diagram:
http://www.aloharovers.com/tech/ichoverhaul.htm

Item 12 should be the lip seals you have.
For one of the o-rings, check out Item 43 under the pump jet. Did you have the pump jet removed?

Terrys
03-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Item 7, the accelerator jet, is held in with a small 'O' ring, 43. That jet is prone to plugging. Take a fine wire, like those used for cleaning torch tips, and poke it through the jet outlet. This is a major cause of hesitation on acceleration.

siii8873
03-15-2011, 07:29 AM
thanks, great write up.
I'm going to check tonight.

siii8873
03-15-2011, 04:50 PM
down to one spare O-Ring. I looked at a rebuild kit on line and my kit had one more than that one. I don't understand why they do not include the throttle plate screws in the kit. These were staked on and need to be replaced. Going to check to see if Pierce manifold has any. They have a plethora of weber parts.