PDA

View Full Version : 88 inch hoop set measurement issue

ducttape
03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
My 88" hoop-set-from-hell has still another hiccup.

Vendor sent a set of front to rear tie tube side bars that attached the A and C hoops and the center B hoop arches from. These are the realdeal as they have the fittings for the center arch.

Yet, of course, they don't fit! They are aprox 42" long, and my front to rear hoops are 48" apart.

Can someone tell me? Aren't all 88" backs the same size? (!?!) The widths are correct, it is just the lengths.

Thanks!

I know the image below from our hosts site is for the 109, which has three hoops, three sets of legs. I have the 88, with three hoops and two sets of legs. .

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/images/Product/medium/RNB735.JPG

Terrys
03-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I vaguely recall that the 42" bars are for the center to front hoop on a 3/4 tilt on the 109 (like on a pickup) btw, I mailed your hold-downs today.

siii8873
03-22-2011, 03:44 PM
just went out and measured mine. 48" from hole to hole for full length top on an 88. Could be the bars you received are for a 3/4 hoop set.
With all the troubles you're having it may be next summer before you get that set installed.

ducttape
03-22-2011, 05:52 PM
With all the troubles you're having it may be next summer before you get that set installed.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I have it up. Sans the center hoop, side bars and the two hold downs Terry graciously sent me today.

I COULD look either suave and great, or like the flying nun! Keeping my fingers crossed.

siii8873
03-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Nothing is ever simple is it!!

derekchace
03-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Do you just want a new hoop set? I have one sitting at my house for a Lightweight I don't use. I don't know if it will fit but throw me a little cash and its yours. Please don't ask to ship it :(

ducttape
03-23-2011, 09:37 AM
Do you just want a new hoop set? I have one sitting at my house for a Lightweight I don't use. I don't know if it will fit but throw me a little cash and its yours. Please don't ask to ship it :(
Thx anyway Derek. I am (mostly) good as I have been building a set from all over the planet :)