PDA

View Full Version : Series III front hub issues flipping into 4x4...

gzarembo
03-23-2011, 04:04 PM
I can't flip the front hubs unless I'm on pavement and its rolling..if I try any other time I can only lock one so I end up freeing them both, rolling just on the rear.

any thoughts?

SalemRover
03-23-2011, 04:14 PM
The pic is great, but I really have a hard time picturing someone trying to flip hubs on a moving vehicle. Do you have a video? This would be immensely helpful.

-Jason

siii8873
03-23-2011, 04:54 PM
are you engaging the 4wd before trying to put the hubs in? Works much easier if you first engage the hubs and then place in 4WD. When disengaging put vehicle in 2wd then disengage. Sometimes you need to back up a little first.

JackIIA
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM
The pic is great, but I really have a hard time picturing someone trying to flip hubs on a moving vehicle. Do you have a video? This would be immensely helpful.

-Jason

Not to mention entertaining!

LaneRover
03-23-2011, 06:33 PM
I can't flip the front hubs unless I'm on pavement and its rolling..if I try any other time I can only lock one so I end up freeing them both, rolling just on the rear.

any thoughts?

I find that if the hubs are sticking a bit just rocking the Rover back and forth a little bit moves things around enough for it to either lock or unlock.

I Leak Oil
03-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Lanes advice is solid. What hubs do you have? Sometimes the drill center left on the outer half shaft can contact the hub keeping it from turning freely. If you remove the outer hub, file down the end of the half shaft a little, it frees it up quite a bit.