PDA

View Full Version : series 1970 series 88 value question

wetzj4634
03-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Hello,

Someone I know has the opportunity to purchase a 1970 series 88, the seller
said to make a reasonable offer.

The 88 does not drive, but was driven to the spot it sits 10 years ago turned off and let sit. The bulkhead foot panels will need to be replaced, there is a small amount of rust on the door post. The door frames will need lower frame replacement. The frame is completely rusted but, the father of individual selling the land rover who originally owned the 88 has a brand new galvanized frame sitting in his garage that was purchased in 1990 and has been sitting there even since. Oddly enough the 88 was purchased in Vermont by the sellers father, and he drove it back (it has an very old sun faded "rovers north" decal so I am not sure if the vehicle may had been purchased from rovers north in the 1980's?) It does have a title, and there is a spare roof, tub and fenders. The spare roof is in rough shape, the tub and fenders are in ok shape.

I do not have photos of the vehicle so I know that would be a big help but I hope my explanation will help.

Thanks, any help would be great!

I Leak Oil
03-27-2011, 11:52 AM
That's a tough one. Assuming it comes with the new frame, that's the wild card. Who knows what he paid for the frame 20+ years ago. The title is a definite plus. The extra panels don't really figure into it if you ask me. Does the motor atleast turn or is it seized?
If you think the guy won't be too offended, offer him a grand. Take it from there.

yorker
03-27-2011, 12:42 PM
$500 for the Rover and then whatever the frame is worth to you above that.

LaneRover
03-27-2011, 01:53 PM
I agree with the other posters. Couple hundred to $500 for the Rover and parts. The question is what is the frame worth to you/worth to them to get rid of.