PDA

View Full Version : Defender on eBay - ??

mrdoiron
03-28-2011, 09:43 PM
What am missing on this one - I really don't understand the price ??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...fCarsQ5fTrucks (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Defender-Defender-90-ONE-KIND-DEFENDER-90-CUSTOM-BUILT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b9cfef5eQQitemZ17062 1136734QQptZUSQ5fCarsQ5fTrucks)

(I posted this on the Hybrid forum by mistake)

Terrys
03-29-2011, 07:08 AM
Must be that super-rare Warren winch.

mrdoiron
03-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Must be that super-rare Warren winch.

Really - or perhaps the battery cut off switch !

:)

jac04
03-29-2011, 05:46 PM
No, it's the Dickson Baits shackles. Dickson Baits, really? Sounds like a pron star's name. :p

Terrys
03-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Really - or perhaps the battery cut off switch !

:)

HOLY C**P, It has a Battery Cut Off Switch? No wonder it's $65Gs

SalemRover
03-29-2011, 08:43 PM
I love all the off road mods, rocksliders, upgraded diffs, OME springs, winch bumper and winch, etc. etc. *NEVER* Offroaded. Really?!

Terrys
03-29-2011, 09:07 PM
No, it's the Dickson Baits shackles. Dickson Baits, really? Sounds like a pron star's name. :p
You know Dickson, Jeff. He works on a fishing boat.

kevkon
03-30-2011, 08:13 AM
4 owners and 24k mi ;)

jac04
03-30-2011, 09:06 AM
You know Dickson, Jeff. He works on a fishing boat.
I think I met him once!
Little known jac04 fact: My first summer job, age 13 IIRC, was bait guy on a Maine lobster boat. It was cool to tell my CT friends that I worked on a lobster boat, but man was that a horrible job!

mrdoiron
03-30-2011, 01:31 PM
I think I met him once!
Little known jac04 fact: My first summer job, age 13 IIRC, was bait guy on a Maine lobster boat. It was cool to tell my CT friends that I worked on a lobster boat, but man was that a horrible job!
Hey jac04, nice to hear...I did the same a little north of you at 15 in NB waters ! Still have a summer cottage on the coast there near Shediac ... small world.

mike

mrdoiron
04-01-2011, 09:49 PM
I love all the off road mods, rocksliders, upgraded diffs, OME springs, winch bumper and winch, etc. etc. *NEVER* Offroaded. Really?!
I sent a note to the seller on ebay asking "if the price was a typo".

His response was :
"No it is not a typo. It is a collector's rover with tons of extras...did u read the full list including a custom engine from England...that alone was $16k...in total over $60 k in upgrades......so frankly we are losing on it at $65k. Are u interested?"

...60k in upgrades ?? Someone has a good drug dealer....

$16K engine, really ? and if true, which I doubt, why ?

I'm even more baffled now.

kevkon
04-02-2011, 08:08 AM
Kelly Blue book is around 47k. Why would you swap out an engine at less then 20k miles? There is a completely stock 97 D90 sw w/ auto for sale at a local dealer here. It supposedly has only 32k miles and they are asking 55k. The low miles in both trucks are somewhat suspect, imho.

mrdoiron
04-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Kelly Blue book is around 47k. Why would you swap out an engine at less then 20k miles? There is a completely stock 97 D90 sw w/ auto for sale at a local dealer here. It supposedly has only 32k miles and they are asking 55k. The low miles in both trucks are somewhat suspect, imho.
I thought the same thing about the engine when I read that again. Could there be a catalyst...like perhaps there was either an accident or engine bay fire, and he over rotated restore supplemented with Insurance $ ? I am thinking if someone was motivated to change out a engine with only 20k mi on it, especially to one like he claims to be so special, it should be because they planned to really use it - which apparently wasn't the case at all for street or off road.

For that 97 you mention, that's kinda even crazier, given everything stock and really no bragging rights... Given what you can get for the $, I think both will sit for a while until sellers get a clue, or some highly uneducated moneybag walks in.

Terrys
04-02-2011, 09:58 AM
KBB is as useful as tits on a bullfrog. All NAS '97s were automatic. The 4.0 was fairly anemic, but certainly adequate for the D90. Kids might think differently, and apparantly that guy did. I'd rather stick an RPI into a Classic than a 90, but that's me.

kevkon
04-02-2011, 04:55 PM
The reason I stated the KBB value is that some people do use it as a guide for pricing, regardless of how relevant it really is.
The 4.0 may be anemic, but it still seems extreme to swap it out with so little mileage. Just my opinion, but I am somewhat skeptical when it comes to extremely low milage D90s, especially when they have had more than 3 owners and states.