PDA

View Full Version : Bulkhead!!

jimsshuman
03-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Anyone looking to unload an SIII bulkhead?? RHD better but either should work. I'm in Raleigh, NC.
Thanks
mw

masonater
03-30-2011, 03:12 PM
there is one on the ground in a semi trailer from an 88 at a junkyard in southern Indiana

pretty far from you but if your desperate...

xrunnr
03-30-2011, 03:13 PM
I have a left hand available but it is not in perfect condition. I am located in Birmingham, Alabama

jimsshuman
03-30-2011, 04:33 PM
There's a lot of crap in that trailer. Any chance you have that guys number?

masonater
03-30-2011, 05:53 PM
yup lots of crap, its a mix of Unimog and series 3 88 parts. What you see in the picture is one red series 3 88 in pieces except frame and wings. In the background are 2 complete series 3 88s that are in pretty rough shape. Cant find the guys number right now but i will look tomorrow. His shop is called U-Go MotorWerks near Paioli, Indiana if that helps. Im making a run back there pretty soon to snag a gage cluster off one of those 88s. If you want I can scope out the bulkhead and see what shape it's in.

stomper
03-31-2011, 08:42 AM
you may want to snag that millitary jerry can too, you can never have too many of those.:thumb-up:

masonater
03-31-2011, 09:21 AM
you may want to snag that millitary jerry can too, you can never have too many of those.:thumb-up:

That was the first thing i got, bottom is rusted pretty badly. Got it for 5 bucks and is says USMC on it. Im thinking it's pretty old.

Terrys
03-31-2011, 09:50 AM
I think I do. How many do you want? Gas cans and a few water cans too (same can, different lid) Old ones have a date code, newer ones don't

yorker
03-31-2011, 10:20 AM
The information on the bottom will usually be three lines, something like the above photos. The first line is the standard the can conforms to, the second is the name or initials of the manufacturer, and the third is a date line, usually of the form "20-5-42". This means 20 liters-5 gallons, made in 1942 and not "May 20, 1942".

The manufacturer will be one of many who made cans in the war years or afterward. You will see names like "BENNETT", "CONCO", "RHEEM", "MONARCH", "NESCO", "MCC", "RADIOSTEEL" (makers of the Radio Flyer in peacetime) and "USMC". It is USMC that causes the most confusion. When USMC appears in the manufacturer line, it is not the Marines. Rather the initials stand for U.S. Metal Container Company, of Miami, Oklahoma. The company is still around, owned by the Elmburg family since 1966. They continue to make the cans for the commercial market under the name Blitz USA, Inc.
http://www.olive-drab.com/od_mvg_jerry_can_markings.php

stomper
03-31-2011, 11:42 AM
I picked up 4 of the NATO cans from Atlantic British about a year ago. They were $40 a piece:eek: I couldn't find any used ones at the time.

jimsshuman
04-03-2011, 09:21 PM
Xrunnr
PM sent. Could you please tell me more? Please!

I have a left hand available but it is not in perfect condition. I am located in Birmingham, Alabama

lrdukdog
04-04-2011, 12:47 AM
This is on CL http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/2290652761.html

Jim Wolf