PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Rims??

USLandy
03-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Does anyone know if there are distributors of wolf rims in the US or Canada?? Or does anyone have a set of 5 they want to sell??

thanks

Les Parker
03-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Hello there,

Our hosts have these in stock :-

http://www.roversnorth.com/store/searchadv.aspx?SearchTerm=plw216

:thumb-up:

USLandy
04-03-2011, 05:33 PM
ahhh, thanks mate. Do you know are those the tubeless wolf rims?

Les Parker
04-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Why, yes they are.
Were you looking for the tubed ones?

USLandy
04-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can put tube and tubelss tires on tube rims, but you cant put tube tires on tubeless rims. I figured might as well get the tube ones so that I can fit what ever I need on them.

Also do you guys do the Terrafirma tubular winch bumper with the A bar, or could u order one?? (thinking about a purchase over summer)

Terrys
04-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but you can put tube and tubelss tires on tube rims, but you cant put tube tires on tubeless rims. I figured might as well get the tube ones so that I can fit what ever I need on them.
You can put any tire on any rim. You need to use a tube and flap on a rivetted rim, regardless if it's a tubed type tire or tubless. People have successfully used rivetted rims without tubes, by puting a dab of silicone sealant over each of the rivets.
If you're running welded (tubeless) rims, you still need a tube inside a tube type tire, but don't need a flap.

Les Parker
04-07-2011, 10:30 AM
To add to Terry's comments, on some rims the hole for the valve may need to enlarged as opposed to the inner tube valve stem. :)

USLandy
04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
So I want to see if I understand this all correct if I were to buy the wolf tubeless jobs I could throw on my tubeless off-roading tires or a set of on-road tube tires???

I have a set of good tubeless off-road tires and want to throw them on the wolf rims due to their extra strength. and use my old set of rims for some slightly smoother on-road tires.

Thanks very much for the info Terry and Les!

RoverDover
04-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I have run tubes on Wolf rims before and the valve stem holes are extremely tight with tubes.My local tire shop guy has quite a colorful vocabulary! I chose not to enlarge the hole as I planned on changing back to a tubeless setup eventually.