PDA

View Full Version : suggestions on sourcing brake rebuild parts for a 1952?

80inch
04-01-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm after a source for a new master cylinder, slave cylinders, brake shoes, lines and hoses for my dad's 1952 80 inch.

any suggestions?

thanks

Eric

martindktm
04-01-2011, 05:16 AM
If Rover North has nothing I would suggest a look here: www.lrseries.com I did order there a few time and I never had any trouble with them.

LaneRover
04-01-2011, 06:35 AM
You can get brake shoes re-lined at a local brake shop.

J.McKelvey
04-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Series 2/3 Brake shoes will work fine. Also I would suggest switching to Series 2/3 brake cylinders to replace the banjo type fittings. On my 80 I also updated the master cylinder to a Series 2/2A type. I had to get an adapter plate made but it was pretty simple and I can get a drawing for you or maybe get one made (My fathers a backyard machinist).

I know this isn't 100% original but brakes are something I don't like messing around with. Also the original 80" brake parts are hard to find in good condition.

Hope this is some help.

John

singingcamel
04-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Great advise right here...Spot on
Series 2/3 Brake shoes will work fine. Also I would suggest switching to Series 2/3 brake cylinders to replace the banjo type fittings. On my 80 I also updated the master cylinder to a Series 2/2A type. I had to get an adapter plate made but it was pretty simple and I can get a drawing for you or maybe get one made (My fathers a backyard machinist).

I know this isn't 100% original but brakes are something I don't like messing around with. Also the original 80" brake parts are hard to find in good condition.

Hope this is some help.

John