PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Series IIa W/winch

Rineheitzgabot
04-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I have been unemployed too long. I have to let the old girl go.

This car spent most of it's life in California. Mike and Carol Pierce from Pierce manufacturing owned it the longest. I think they engineered their SIIA manifold off of it. See it in their photo gallery here: http://www.piercemanifolds.com/Articles.asp?ID=160

I put new wheel cylinders on all four wheels. I upgraded the generator to a GM, but still have the old one (needs rebuilt) if you want. New master and slave for the clutch, newish tires(less than 1000 miles), newly rebuilt starter, new hub seal on drivers' rear.

The tailgate pictured is now painted green to match the truck.

I cannot verify this, but the clock says it has about 77k on it. In my opinion, it is correct, judging by the condition of things. This truck is a fine specimen, and is 98% original. The PO did an amatuerish paint job on it, but hey, it's a Rover, I'm suspicious of a Porsche paint job on a ute vehicle anyway. You could hit the frame, outriggers, or bulkhead with a hammer and it would bounce. Very solid.

Runs, starts, and drives excellent (and stops well, now).

https://picasaweb.google.com/rineheitzgabot/1969SeriesIIaBugeye?feat=directlink

I don't feel like writing very much about this sad occasion, so I'll let the pics do the talking. However, I will be happy to answer any and all questions.

Asking $10k

I'm in Fort Wayne, IN

email me at: gcook5304 at MSN dot com

Gary

Les Parker
04-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Incredible !!!

You can easily make out the Chassis number.

I have chassis envy !

I wish I had the dosh, it would be right at home here.

All the best with the sale.

stomper
04-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm very sad for your choice to sell, but I understand the circumstances. Someone will be VERY lucky to aquire such a fine vehicle! I love the replica roof rack, and the time you have put into this rover!

Rineheitzgabot
04-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the kind words and compliments. Someday I will come back to the world of LR, but it is not for me, right now.

Regards,
Gary

Skookumchuck
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Great looking Series if only I fit in the drivers seat.:thumb-up:

Billy5
04-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Hello,
I am sorry about your bad situation. I may be interested in this. First let me say it looks great, second I have never owned a rover before. That said ( and this sounds silly to ask), would this be a good first? Also does the heat work, as I live in the northeast and that is kind of paramount. Thank you for your time.

Rineheitzgabot
04-26-2011, 06:57 AM
Hello,
I am sorry about your bad situation. I may be interested in this. First let me say it looks great, second I have never owned a rover before. That said ( and this sounds silly to ask), would this be a good first? Also does the heat work, as I live in the northeast and that is kind of paramount. Thank you for your time.

Billy,

The heater works, but is typical of a Series Land Rover in that it does not produce much heat. There are after-market set-ups that will remedy the situation, though.

Whether or not this is a "good first" is up to you. I will avoid the possibility of sounding like a used car salesman, and leave any input on that subject, up to other LR owners that are viewing this thread. I will say that it is in great shape, and is mechanically sound; and from a practicality standpoint, they are simple to work on. But you must be prepared to work on them; it's just something that you have to accept, if you want to own a Series Rover.

Thanks for your interest.

-Gary

Billy5
04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
You don't sound like a used car salesman at all. I am looking for a dd. I like old, I like to work on my own stuff, and I have liked these for a while now. I was looking at a 109, but that may be a bit much for my first foray into the rover world. Practical and relative simplicity is where i am at. All of your descriptions sound to be accurate by what I have seen. Sound is good. I do paint work for a living so thats not my concern, but I would like to be able to put plates on it and drive relatively quickly. The frame looks good, bulkhead etc..any other items that you feel i should know email wmfmcneil@gmail.com. Or post here if you wish. Let me look into shipping costs etc..as that is the only way of getting out here. Again, I am sorry for your situation and I hope it changes soon.

JackIIA
04-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Gary - good luck with the sale, your luck WILL change. Billy, try Uship.com. I've used them with excellent results (cheap engine shipping).

Just be aware that it's a just a market maker for shipping services (so you need to do your homework on the shipping bidder before accepting a bid). Still, you can save a mint on shipping, especially if you give the bidding process a good 4 days to run it's course and offer a wide margin on pickup and delivery dates.

Billy5
04-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Thank you Gary I will. It is running around 900 so far. If I could take the time off I would fly out and drive back, but its spring time in a boatyard..:D

Billy5
04-30-2011, 06:04 PM
I meant thank you Jack..sorry. But I have to say that Gary has been fantastic to talk with ( even if its just email). Honest, straightforward, if its not me, someone is getting a very nice rig here. Thanks again Gary!

Rineheitzgabot
05-01-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks Jack, for your well wishes. I know it is only a matter of time. In this God forsaken economy, I hope it's not too long.

Billy has been a great buyer as well (hope I'm not being too forward, Billy :o)

-Gary

Billy5
05-02-2011, 05:42 AM
Gary, not being forward at all.:D I am making room in the driveway..

Rineheitzgabot
07-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Well, the deed is done, as Mr. Krabs would say. She sold this morning (aargh). I am glad to see it go to the gentleman who bought it. I truly believe that he will appreciate what it is, and enjoy it for years to come.

Thanks for being a great buyer, and God bless!

-Gary

Billy5
07-07-2011, 07:47 PM
I thank you, not only were you honest and sincere, but I was taken back by it. Honestly, you made me trust people again after my last disaster. She is home, safe and sound. Not only was the truck in fantastic shape ( understatement), but the trove of information that went with it. Anyone reading this, if you ever have to deal with him, do so. You will not find many people like him. Now, to go rustproof the frame and undercarriage...I promise, I will take care of it like a child. Hats off to you my friend!