PDA

View Full Version : adding insult to injury (land rover style)

cousindave
04-12-2011, 07:19 AM
I decided the landy needed to go back into the barn until my head was back in the game. Half into the barn and at a 45° tuning angle and slight uphill I stall her. No big deal, I thought, crank the ignition and nothing. No noise no cranking clicking just nothing. Great!! Now what? I checked the connections from the starter to the solenoid to the battery and to the switch. Everything good. Try it again and I get half a crank and then nothing again. Check the battery that's good. Well, I spent the next hour pushing her into the barn straining every muscle in my body. Ugh. Boy seems like land rover days are soon coming to an end!

crankin
04-12-2011, 08:33 AM
I know that you said there was not clicking, cranking or anything...But, Did you check your points?

cousindave
04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
I have electronic ignition. I had this problem about six months ago. I replaced the ignition switch battery and solenoid and problem dissapeared......until now!

I Leak Oil
04-12-2011, 09:40 AM
You do sound like you need to step back from it for a little bit. Remember, it's supposed to be fun!
Just think how rewarding it will be when it's all fixed and you're driving it down the road, little kids staring and pointing at it because it's so cool!

cousindave
04-12-2011, 11:07 AM
You are right. It is supposed to be fun. That's why I decided to put back in the barn for a while until I could get recharged, but this stilupid thing wouldn't. Even get in the barn. Shun. At least today I'm laughing about it.

leafsprung
04-12-2011, 11:10 AM
This is exactly how you get a deal on a land rover :D

I Leak Oil
04-12-2011, 11:26 AM
This is exactly how you get a deal on a land rover :D

Ike, I've never thought of you as a "towtruck chaser":p

cousindave
04-12-2011, 12:32 PM
FOR SALE: PERFECTLY RESTORED LAND ROVER…MY DAILY DRIVER. LOVINGLY LOOKED AFTER, STORED IN A BARN ALL YEAR ROUND NEEDS NOTHING EXCEPT FOR VERY LITTLE TLC...LOL

I Leak Oil
04-12-2011, 01:21 PM
....you forgot the "ran when parked, priced to sell" !!!!!

Mercedesrover
04-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm only 1/2 hour from you. Send me a couple pictures.