PDA

View Full Version : Door fitting question

LR Max
04-20-2011, 03:38 PM
So I've had Defender style door seals installed on my 109. The seals are :thumb-up: but the doors don't fit for crap. Seals ain't gonna work when I can see daylight all the way around!

So I need to "adjust" my doors. From what I can tell both doors are really "tight" near the upper hinge and "loose" everywhere else. The passenger door really needs to move up probably a 1/4" or so.

Do I need to make some shims or something for the front upper hinge? If I do that, how can I also make sure that the top gets sealed?

I know I'm not gonna get a 100% seal, but I figure if I can knock it down to just a few drops getting in, that is a lot better than monsooning.

Thanks!

rejeep
04-20-2011, 08:54 PM
interested to see where this goes..
i just did all my weather stripping (rivet style) and am having some issues with the driver (LHD door) where it is almost as you say.. a 1/4" to low..

KevinNY
04-21-2011, 08:14 AM
You can find the right spot by using the play in the hinge mountings to the bulkhead, the bolts from the hinge to the door, and ultimately the bulkhead itself. If you are just refitting doors and the bulkhead has not been off then it should go together OK with some fiddling. Way easier as a 2 man job. There are also shims and adjustment on the tub for the latch.