PDA

View Full Version : Alternative P38 fuel pump

TeriAnn
04-21-2011, 05:22 PM
P38 fuel pumps (STC4345) are really expensive. :eek: :eek:

Anyone know of a cheaper aftermarket fuel pump that could be a drop in replacement? :confused:

I have a neighbor with a dead fuel pump that is balking at the replacement cost.

Les Parker
04-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Terri-Ann,

Our belief is that the fuel pump is extinct for the 1998 P38's, if you know of a source for the Genuine ones.......

:o

msggunny
04-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Any way to adapt an in line pump that can deliver the correct pressure?

Like this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VPN-GSL392/

TeriAnn
04-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Terri-Ann,

Our belief is that the fuel pump is extinct for the 1998 P38's, if you know of a source for the Genuine ones.......

I didn't look into it until you wrote this. I was just looking for a cheaper aftermarket pattern replacement for my neighbor.

I checked with the British Pacific home office and it looks like you are right the STC4345 is NLA with no known aftermarket replacement.

The STC4344 (older version) fuel pump will fit & work but it does not have the electrical connections that the newer computer wants to see. Which means it will fail emissions tests. At least in California and Southern Arizona.

Thankfully, BP carries an aftermarket STC4344 for about $72 that will get his Range Rover going again AND we live in Northern Arizona where his Rangie does not require emissions testing.

I wonder what will happen to folks who live in places where they need to do emission testing on late P38's??? Will they be able to get a waiver for tests that use the missing fuel pump electrical connections?