PDA

View Full Version : Window Saga II and rear SW seat

PH4
04-08-2007, 05:50 PM
First, Rear windows and middle windows will not slide forward. Any tricks of the trade before I end up breaking windows or me?

Also, two sets of clips under 109 Stationwagon rear seat. I know one is for starting handle. Does anyone know what goes in the second clip?

1972 109 SW CKD by Pierce, NZ

Jim-ME
04-08-2007, 06:29 PM
The second set of clips is for the jack handle.

Tim Smith
04-09-2007, 08:13 AM
First, Rear windows and middle windows will not slide forward. Any tricks of the trade before I end up breaking windows or me?

Not sure what the cause is for you but when my windows freeze stuck, I usually hop out of the truck and man handle the thing till it breaks free. Put one hand on the inside of the window pane and another on the outside and start shimmying with your weight behind it. Don't ask too much of the window guide or pull handle unless you want to have it come off in your hand. If you have a window lock, then make sure it's not in the locked position first.

By the way, if the windows haven't been opened in a long time, you'll probably find all kinds of dirt or even mold in there causing the problem. You may need to clean out the window tracks first. Vacuum and a small flathead screwdriver.

PH4
04-09-2007, 10:40 AM
I sprayed a ton of break free oil in the window channels on Saturday and Sunday. I also took a putty knife and ran it through the channels. Hopefully this with some muscle on my part will do the trick.

Has anyone not been able to get them to slide forward because of rust or something else? Also, do both panes in the rear quarter panels slide front or rear?

jp-
04-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Both windows are supposed to slide front or rear.

If rust is causing the problem, it should be obvious. The windows can easily "rust in" if the channel dissolves around them.

PH4
04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
I did not see any bad rust this weekend in the middle and rear channels. That was my first assumption too but I need to remove the door panels to really check it out. Of course, it could be I just cannot see it under the felt lining in the channels. Should I pry around with a putty knife or screwdriver and listen for the sound of rust. Hate to damage channels if they are frozen from lack of use and can be saved.

singingcamel
04-09-2007, 09:30 PM
lube the window latches, (squeeze things)the bullets in them are probably froze in the upward position not allowing the window to slide.
there are two buttons that you squeeze to drop the bullet down ,thus allowing the window to slide...
www.singingcamel.com (http://www.singingcamel.com)
also ,take out the latches, then clean them,your windows should slide.

bamarover
04-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Those rear sliding top locks are scarce. Be careful not to break it or lose the bullet. Parts not available readily. RN has the front window sliding lock. They are different lengths. I've been looking for a rear one for a while! :D The locks work really good - I think singingcamel has you on the right track - no pun intended!
Greg

PH4
04-10-2007, 09:16 AM
First Stationwagon so I have never dealt with the rear window latches before. Do you squeeze the two white plastic bullets and the metal clip should fall inward and down from locked position?

singingcamel
04-10-2007, 10:57 AM
just squeeze them in and pull

bamarover
04-10-2007, 10:59 AM
That is what happens if in working order. They are easy to take apart and inspect, clean if necessary. Good time to put new rubber washers between lock and glass.
Greg

giorgio
04-10-2007, 11:26 AM
I might add, make sure the part that slides at the top is parallel with the track, and not cocked forward slightly, which will put it in a bind. Sometimes I need to rotate mine slightly toward the rear of the vehicle, before it will slide forward, and visa versa.

Giorgio