PDA

View Full Version : brake/clutch fluid reservoir needed

masonater
04-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Anyone have a brake/clutch fluid reservoir they would be willing to part with? mine rusted through...
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x478/masonater84/P4240039.jpg

Or better yet any ideas of how to make one for long term? Ive seen the thread using a rubber cement can, but not sure that would last on island....

Also looking for an military oil cooler.

Thanks

Mason

jac04
04-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Our hosts have the reservoir available. It is a little pricey, but is probably worth it for the simplicity factor.
As for the oil cooler, i say don't worry about it. You don't really need it, especially where you live.

masonater
04-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Our hosts have the reservoir available. It is a little pricey, but is probably worth it for the simplicity factor.
As for the oil cooler, i say don't worry about it. You don't really need it, especially where you live.

I may end up getting a new one but was hoping for a cheap used one.

I hear ya with not reinstalling oil cooler but i have a mechanical oil temp gage that goes in line with the oil cooler system. If i ditch the cooler and lines ill have a useless gage. I dont want to add another gage but if there is a way to use a electric one while keeping the same gage cluster set up i am in.
I also would need to figure out what to plug the second hole in the pan with.

Here is a shot where you can see my oil temp gage in the top left corner.
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x478/masonater84/P2090180.jpg

stonefox
04-25-2011, 06:39 AM
Mason,how bad is it rusted through. is it possible to fix it with a little JB weld,or is it really spent?
Anyone have a brake/clutch fluid reservoir they would be willing to part with? mine rusted through...
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x478/masonater84/P4240039.jpg

Or better yet any ideas of how to make one for long term? Ive seen the thread using a rubber cement can, but not sure that would last on island....

Also looking for an military oil cooler.

Thanks

Mason

jac04
04-25-2011, 07:48 AM
I hear ya with not reinstalling oil cooler but i have a mechanical oil temp gage that goes in line with the oil cooler system. If i ditch the cooler and lines ill have a useless gage. I dont want to add another gage but if there is a way to use a electric one while keeping the same gage cluster set up i am in.
I also would need to figure out what to plug the second hole in the pan with.
There are later style electric oil temp gauges that can be installed in place of your mechanical gauge, but I wouldn't do that. Just plug the second hole in the pan with the bulb for the mechanical oil temp gauge. 2 Problems solved simultaneously! You may need an adapter for the pan, but it should be the same one as used on the head for the water temp bulb.

masonater
04-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Stonefox,

pretty toast. cant see much in the picture but the cap and top on the can are swiss cheese. I might be able to get away with JB welding the can and finding a new top. Good advice.

Jac04,

I was thinking that should work!. I had been thinking what i would use to protect the line, maybe some sort of hi temp wire loom or something like it. Ill let you know how i make out. going to try and fuss with that today.

onecross
04-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I plugged the extra whole in my oil pan with a D2 drain plug. works great!