PDA

View Full Version : My question for the day...

crankin
04-25-2011, 05:15 PM
I am fairly new here at my job and people are trying to make some talk with me by asking questions such as "What brought you to Huntsville?", "Are you and your wife thinking about children?" blah, blah, blah...and so on.

Well, today, while standing around the coffee machine....

Co-worker: "You drive an old land Rover, right?"
Me: "Why Yes I do!"
Co-worker: "It's very nice."
Me: "Thank you very much!"
Co-worker: "So, Seeing how you drive a piece of British heritage....You getting excited about the royal wedding?!"
Me: "Nope. Could care less!"
Co-worker: "Well, you must not be very British."

And with a snobbish upturned nose... the heifer turns around and walks out the door! BUT...not only did she walk out the door and snub me...she complained to another co-worker...who stopped by my office, with a smile and said "You're not very British!"

Apparently, a Tennessee boy with a southern draw can become British by owning a Land Rover! Go figure!

bkreutz
04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I heard something interesting on the Today show this morning, they said that about twice as many Americans (percentage wise, not raw numbers) are following the royal wedding thing as the population in Britain. Very strange.

Broadstone
04-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Had to show this post to my wife who just got back from her visit home and is British. She got a kick out of it. Kinda goes along the same lines as everyone here asking us if we have gotten our invitation to the royal wedding yet.

I Leak Oil
04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Perhaps your co-worker would be happy if you painted it like the General Lee!:D

stonefox
04-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Boy, and just when I was going to ask if anybody wanted to go in on a wedding gift:D

albersj51
04-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Boy, and just when I was going to ask if anybody wanted to go in on a wedding gift:D

I think they're registered at Target and Wal-Mart :D

amcordo
04-26-2011, 10:03 AM
Oh my God Crankin, how thick are you? She was trying to flirt with you. You probably hurt her by shutting the conversation down. No wonder she complained to a coworker - you're such a jerk sometimes.

Now go back to her, appologize, talk to great length about the royal wedding and then name drop your wife. THAT's how you appropriately snub a lady.

I Leak Oil
04-26-2011, 11:20 AM
He never said it was a lady!:p

albersj51
04-26-2011, 12:21 PM
... the heifer turns around and walks out the door! BUT...not only did she walk out the door and snub me...she complained to another co-worker...who stopped by my office, with a smile and said "You're not very British!"

Apparently, a Tennessee boy with a southern draw can become British by owning a Land Rover! Go figure!

He called this person "she" :)

I Leak Oil
04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
THAT's how you appropriately snub a lady.

...yes, but a she is not always a lady....:D

albersj51
04-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Touche! "dude looks like a lady"

stonefox
04-26-2011, 05:44 PM
I believe he refered to her as a heifer and besides I don't thinks its wise to Touche! or Touchy a big southern girl :nono:

albersj51
04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
I believe he refered to her as a heifer and besides I don't thinks its wise to Touche! or Touchy a big southern girl :nono:

Ha! I live down south, so believe me, I know!

crankin
04-26-2011, 11:31 PM
I do not think that anyone has touchy'd her in quite sometime.

albersj51
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
I meant touche', as in the french word for good counter point. by no means was I advocating touching said heifer. such action could cause serious injury or death. :)

mrdoiron
04-27-2011, 12:37 AM
I meant touche', as in the french word for good counter point. by no means was I advocating touching said heifer. such action could cause serious injury or death. :)
Tell her about the "tunneling electron microscope".

mrdoiron
04-27-2011, 12:40 AM
Tell her about the "tunneling electron microscope".
Walk into her office, and say :
"Ms [insert coworker name here], did you know that at Cornell University they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as the Tunneling Electron Microscope.
Now, this microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons you can actually see images of the atom, the infinitesimally minute building blocks of our universe.
Now [Ms coworker], if I were using that microscope right now, I still wouldn't be able to locate my interest in your problem. "
...then turn and walk out her door.