PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Harness

stonefox
04-29-2011, 10:17 PM
So I'm installing a new wiring harness.The old one as you know runs through the frame.There was wear damage and rodent damage when I pulled it out .Any thoughts on keeping it on the outside of the frame ?

gudjeon
04-29-2011, 11:16 PM
I rewired old Bronco and CJ's running the rear wiring under the tub capping. I rewired my series rig with the same method and it stays high and dry just like the others. :thumb-up:

bkreutz
04-29-2011, 11:25 PM
I think it depends on your intended use. I always prefer hiding the harness inside the frame. To protect against wear and rodents you could run the harness through some flexible metal conduit, might not look very original but it would slow down the rats.:D

I Leak Oil
04-30-2011, 06:27 AM
Sean, did you already pull the old one out? Did you pull a piece of wire through with it to use as a snake to pull the new one through? I'd recommend running the new one through the chassis. It's cleaner and better protected.

yorker
05-02-2011, 01:41 PM
I've run them outside the frame before without problems- I plugged the big holes in the chassis where they would have gone as the chassis sees to collect salt and crap via those.