X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stonefox
    4th Gear
    • Jul 2010

Wiring Harness

So I'm installing a new wiring harness.The old one as you know runs through the frame.There was wear damage and rodent damage when I pulled it out .Any thoughts on keeping it on the outside of the frame ?
    Sean
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

1963 88'' IIa daily driver
    1970 88"
    1971 88"
    authenticstoneworks.com
  • gudjeon
    5th Gear
    • Oct 2006

I rewired old Bronco and CJ's running the rear wiring under the tub capping. I rewired my series rig with the same method and it stays high and dry just like the others.

Comment

• bkreutz
      4th Gear
      • Apr 2010

I think it depends on your intended use. I always prefer hiding the harness inside the frame. To protect against wear and rodents you could run the harness through some flexible metal conduit, might not look very original but it would slow down the rats.
      Gale Breitkreutz
      '03 Disco
      '74 Series III 88 (sold, 4/13)
      '47 CJ2A

Comment

• I Leak Oil
        Overdrive
        • Nov 2006

Sean, did you already pull the old one out? Did you pull a piece of wire through with it to use as a snake to pull the new one through? I'd recommend running the new one through the chassis. It's cleaner and better protected.
        Jason
        "Clubs are for Chumps" Club president

Comment

• yorker
          Overdrive
          • Nov 2006

I've run them outside the frame before without problems- I plugged the big holes in the chassis where they would have gone as the chassis sees to collect salt and crap via those.
          1965 SIIa 88",1975 Ex-MOD 109/Ambulance, 1989 RRC, blah, blah, blah...

Land Rover UK Forums

Comment

Working...