PDA

View Full Version : Webber 34ICH tuning

Alk-3
05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Hey folks. I have a webber 34ICH that I believe was purchased from rovers north a few years back. It runs great, but is a bit rich, and really bad on gas, so I was going to try to change the main jet to see what I can do to correct this small problem.
Does anyone know where to get the components to make the changes to get this carb setup to run at about 500 feet above sea level, on a 2.25 rover?
Recommendations on jet size, and where to get the parts would be much appreciated!

albersj51
05-01-2011, 08:05 PM
Pierce manifolds has it all

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/Default.asp

Alk-3
05-01-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the link! Any suggestions as to which main jet and/or any other parts would be suitable at my altitude?

knac1234
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Hello there,

I bought my Rover with a 34ICH on it also, from Indiana (about 1000 ft elevation). It was running there smoothly with a 165 main jet in it (for years).

It was transported to where I live in Colorado, at about 9000 ft! So it was too rich also (too much fuel, not enough air). I am now running a 155 main jet and I also increased the air jet to 210 (I think....well one or two notches up from what was installed with that 165 main jet).

Although I don't have much power (but I understand Series aren't rockets, especially with the loss of HP at such an altitude), I think I dialed it in correctly.....no smoke from rich running; the plugs are a consistent nice color; it runs smoothly; and it starts first turn of the key except in exceptionally cold weather.

I too got everything from Pierce Manifolds. Get a top cover gasket while you are at it in case yours needs replacing. They will recommend you getting a couple sizes of main jets to play with. They gave me a 160 and 155 based on the originally installed 165....the 160 seemed fine, but the 155 was a hair better and the plugs didn't show it was too lean.

Hope that range helps....

Julian

Alk-3
05-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Awesome! I'll place the order right away. That's the info I was looking for, thank you very much!!