PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Cheshire Motors Video

Bostonian1976
04-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Thought you all would enjoy this. This is put together by the owner of the all-original 1962 IIa I posted last week....

mbgqVPlenNQ

Les Parker
04-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Nice sentiment, from old bones comes new life, at least we all hope so.:)

jp-
04-09-2007, 05:17 PM
What is that song in the background?

Tim Smith
04-09-2007, 07:09 PM
That's a pretty neat effect with the video filter (if that's what it's called...). Any idea how it was done?

Aspiring land rover video producers want to know.:p

LaneRover
04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Does anyone have any idea why I can't see the video's when opening up this thread on my Mac using Safari, but I can when using Netscape. I usually work in Safari and though I will open up these pages in Netscape if I have to it would be great to do it all in Safari.

Thanks!

LaneRover

Hormel
04-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Same thing happens on my Mac as well, I just get a blank screen. Firefox brings it up though. Fascinating pile of rover bits.

I don't know what the filter is but it is pretty standard fare on editing programs, sometimes called static. Also where the still photo is slowly zoomed in to create the illusion of video it is called the "Ken Burns" effect on iMovie
Cheers
John

TSR53
04-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Same thing happens on my Mac as well, I just get a blank screen. Firefox brings it up though. Fascinating pile of rover bits.

I don't know what the filter is but it is pretty standard fare on editing programs, sometimes called static. Also where the still photo is slowly zoomed in to create the illusion of video it is called the "Ken Burns" effect on iMovie
Cheers
John

Yes, use Firefox, or possibly Camino, Opera or Netscape browsers too. Something with Safari and the vBulletin either the AJAX WYSIWYG editor and or the the youtube bbcode I added doesn't work.

[edit] seems to work fine now...

Bostonian1976
04-10-2007, 11:09 AM
That's a pretty neat effect with the video filter (if that's what it's called...). Any idea how it was done?

Aspiring land rover video producers want to know.:p

if you have XP, you can just go to www.download.com and look for windows movie maker. You can add all sorts of effects like this

daveb
04-12-2007, 09:53 PM
The old coot thought he was sitting on a goldmine. Collected a pile of junk and set his prices so high, never sold anything and it all rusted away. What was left was still there when he passed on. Yes, it is sad in many ways.

Some of his treasure has now finally been freed, hopefully not too late!

Thought you all would enjoy this.

Bostonian1976
04-13-2007, 02:50 PM
The old coot thought he was sitting on a goldmine. Collected a pile of junk and set his prices so high, never sold anything and it all rusted away. What was left was still there when he passed on. Yes, it is sad in many ways.

Some of his treasure has now finally been freed, hopefully not too late!

well he sold me a tailgate/hatch combo for 100 bucks - I'd say that's a good deal

sayers
04-13-2007, 03:53 PM
What a waste of land rover parts ? just think at one time these were all shiny and new and what a blast to drive. It does not surprise me.

Erin
04-14-2007, 12:02 AM
Am I at f'ing church. Old dead cars. Sing a sad song. Wah Wah. Are we driving long lasting trucks or are we living in the past? Get out and drive, but don't sing sad song. Please. Although I think very highly of my truck ('66 series 2a '88) , it is a truck, and me driving it is what gives it longevity not some sad song. Seroiously, I may be young but come on. Drive 'em or leave 'em. Don't put them on a pedastal. Discos are $5000.00 if we needed to get toucy-feeley we could buy links to the past at five grand a pop. Drive a series truck and give a sh*t later. Be a proud owner and double clutch in Seattle traffic. In two years Ford will sell out and you may be buying Delco parts.
Just a Ballard Native's Tought,
Drive Your Truck!

Bostonian1976
04-14-2007, 02:13 PM
you guys don't get it. This was a Rover specialty place in New Hampshire that was there for many many years and accumulated parts. The owner passed away and this was a dedication to him and his business. Try being more kind

NashvilleRover
04-15-2007, 12:16 AM
I , for one, appreciate the reverence given here.
It is sad for several reasons over and above the simple loss of life. (which does cause enough reason to respect this video).

I understand that this guy had a passion for these cars and in essence horded without knowing that this was what he was doing.
Now that he is gone, I understand that there are folks that are trying to hit a homerun and command a high price for "all or nothing" on the "collection". Yes, there may be a handsome reward for the person that might be willing to part these cars out and sell each item via e-bay, ... but who has the time for that?
All I could think about while watching the clip was, ... man, ... I could use that set of original jump seats, ... or hey, ... I could use that safari top.

But hey, one man's junk is another's treasure.

The sad reality is that this will probably sit until the remaining relatives can realize that this is not a $80,000 collection of remnants.

As for the video, ... NICE JOB. Great way to pay tribute to a guy that was probably fascinating to be around (if you are into these trucks). The edit job was terrific. Well done.

Hope this guy and his relatives can find peace.

DJ
nashvillerover

Jim-ME
04-15-2007, 03:50 AM
Correct me if I am mistaken but haven't Richard's family sold off everything and the place been picked clean? If that is the case, even in death Richard still enables new lfe to old iron. Nice job on the video.

Bostonian1976
04-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Correct me if I am mistaken but haven't Richard's family sold off everything and the place been picked clean? If that is the case, even in death Richard still enables new lfe to old iron. Nice job on the video. that's correct - it's all gone. I was fortunate enough to see this place and meet Richard just before he passed - it was quite a sight. As for the video, hats off to the guy that made it - he lives in Keene, NH but says he doesn't spend much time on these forums...

singingcamel
04-16-2007, 11:43 AM
where is this guy from?

yorker
04-19-2007, 06:51 PM
http://www.fourfold.org/bens/cheshire/

fruitpunch
04-19-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't remember too many bargains..... and then there was that ebay auction for the entire lot 100k or something that was crazy too. I remember custom hunting trucks @ big bucks and the rusty snow plow. I hear plenty of items ended up in NJ :P, hope to see some of it on the road soon.

fruitpunch
04-19-2007, 10:18 PM
where is this guy from?

Southern NH.... Marlborough if I remember correctly.