PDA

View Full Version : HD Theater

AU_88
05-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Anybody else see the 67 NADA 109 on Whats My Car Worth? Sold for $39,000...

AU_88
05-10-2011, 08:29 PM
and that probably should have gone in sightings... meh

SafeAirOne
05-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Anybody else see the 67 NADA 109 on Whats My Car Worth? Sold for $39,000...

No, but we all saw the Orvis one that sold for $160,900 (http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=3Y8E):eek:

wrighthm
05-10-2011, 09:33 PM
I saw it! I'm an HD Theater junkie, it is Literally the only channel I watch. I glanced up to the tv after coming inside from adjusting my idle mixture on my series and bam my whole year just got better. Series Land Rovers gettin a belly rub from the tv folk. Now if we could just get them to advertise Rover gatherings on the east coast I'd have it made..

AU_88
05-10-2011, 10:25 PM
I saw it! I'm an HD Theater junkie, it is Literally the only channel I watch. I glanced up to the tv after coming inside from adjusting my idle mixture on my series and bam my whole year just got better. Series Land Rovers gettin a belly rub from the tv folk. Now if we could just get them to advertise Rover gatherings on the east coast I'd have it made..

I love HD Theater... Probably my favorite channel. Where in Kingsport do you go? I was born in Bristol and my grandparents live off Massengill Rd in Blountville. I may be up there a little this summer.

wrighthm
05-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I grew up out off rock springs road in the neighborhood called peppertree. I went to Sullivan South High school in Colonial Heights. There used to be a rover shop called The Thatched Roof Garage in downtown Kingsport and I guess that's where I used to see old series rovers but when I was little I always said I would have one before I die and in August of last year I bought my first at 20. Never thought I would get one that early, but anyway I actually just drove my rover 500 miles round trip last weekend from here in Lexington to Kingsport. Glad to see another rover guy from around the area, I have been wanting to get a club going for that area of Tennessee and maybe up here closer towards Kentucky as well. I've met quite a few series owners over the past 7 months. Where are you nowadays?

NC_Mule
05-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I grew up out off rock springs road in the neighborhood called peppertree. I went to Sullivan South High school in Colonial Heights. There used to be a rover shop called The Thatched Roof Garage in downtown Kingsport and I guess that's where I used to see old series rovers but when I was little I always said I would have one before I die and in August of last year I bought my first at 20. Never thought I would get one that early, but anyway I actually just drove my rover 500 miles round trip last weekend from here in Lexington to Kingsport. Glad to see another rover guy from around the area, I have been wanting to get a club going for that area of Tennessee and maybe up here closer towards Kentucky as well. I've met quite a few series owners over the past 7 months. Where are you nowadays?

I'm in Boone NC not far from east Tennessee. If you get that club together I'll drive my 70 IIA over.
pb

AU_88
05-12-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm in Auburn, AL now and will be for a while. The rovers will start flying in. I got my DII at 16, and then bought my RRC a few years ago and then bought my IIa last year, its an addiction. There is a guy named Dale around lake Norris who has several series trucks and I remember Thatched Roof, it was a cool place and there is another guy up there working on Rovers who drives a built DII. We will have to meet up at some point up there, I will probably be there for the holidays and maybe before the end of the summer.

AU_88
05-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Y'all should try and make it down for Southern Appalachian expedition in September. It's always a ton of fun.

http://solaros.com/smf_production/index.php?topic=4032.0

wrighthm
05-12-2011, 06:33 PM
nc mule - my dad played football at Appalachian State and ive done my winter sports up in Boone my whole life. Boone was the first place I started looking for a series, I really thought there would be a bunch up there. I am planning three trips over summer to drive my series to Boone for camping/hiking. I'll have to let ya know when I'm heading your way and definitely if we get a club goin.

au - I am 90% sure I'll be there in September. I am always in town for holidays so let me know anytime you plan to be in town. Even though your not around all the time, Id say Auburn is a cool town for a series. Up here in Lexington it gets a little tiring driven it everyday when there's a red light stopping you every hundred yards. It makes you wish you would have saved money for a disc brake conversion last month, every month...

NC_Mule
05-14-2011, 09:03 AM
nc mule - my dad played football at Appalachian State and ive done my winter sports up in Boone my whole life. Boone was the first place I started looking for a series, I really thought there would be a bunch up there. I am planning three trips over summer to drive my series to Boone for camping/hiking. I'll have to let ya know when I'm heading your way and definitely if we get a club goin.

au - I am 90% sure I'll be there in September. I am always in town for holidays so let me know anytime you plan to be in town. Even though your not around all the time, Id say Auburn is a cool town for a series. Up here in Lexington it gets a little tiring driven it everyday when there's a red light stopping you every hundred yards. It makes you wish you would have saved money for a disc brake conversion last month, every month...

AU, I tried to accept the friend request...let me know if it didn't work. I didn't even know this forum had that feature. keep me posted on your trips to east TN. I love Auburn, it's the only school I've visited where I thought, I could have fun here....but I didn't find that out till I was almost out of UT.

Wrighthm,
As far as I've seen I'm the only running series in the area. I met a guy that has a few but they are all dead. I bought mine local last year, pulled it out of a 5 year grave. It's a perfect mountain truck, we have a wicked steep curvey driveway and it dominates it in the snow. I hike a lot, let me know when you come this way. I also stock some parts and have tool's and a good place to work so if you ever have trouble I can help.

That meet in September looks fun, just put it on my calendar.

pat
pat

AU_88
05-16-2011, 07:20 AM
AU, I tried to accept the friend request...let me know if it didn't work. I didn't even know this forum had that feature. keep me posted on your trips to east TN. I love Auburn, it's the only school I've visited where I thought, I could have fun here....but I didn't find that out till I was almost out of UT.

Wrighthm,
As far as I've seen I'm the only running series in the area. I met a guy that has a few but they are all dead. I bought mine local last year, pulled it out of a 5 year grave. It's a perfect mountain truck, we have a wicked steep curvey driveway and it dominates it in the snow. I hike a lot, let me know when you come this way. I also stock some parts and have tool's and a good place to work so if you ever have trouble I can help.

That meet in September looks fun, just put it on my calendar.

pat

I love Auburn, it is a great place. The rest of my family went to UT and I considered it, but just didn't like the campus. I love Knoxville and East Tennessee and hopefully I'll make it back there to live soon.

SAE is a blast! There is usually a pretty good crowd with several of everything, camel trophy 110, lightweights, and everything else. It's a ton of fun. It's a trip I plan every year. Hopefully I'll see ya there.

Robert