PDA

View Full Version : Old school lug nuts

stonefox
05-20-2011, 05:12 AM
My truck has the smaller lugs and I just had two of them pull through (old school peanned over ones).I fixed one last year ,but its really a cob job.I have a couple of newer larger lug hubs,my question are they interchangeable ,bearings and all.And just as important will the old rims fit over the larger lugs without some reamage?Or do they make a longer spline one (15/16) I can pull through and save the swap over

SafeAirOne
05-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Do the lugs that pulled through match up with any of the sizes sold at your local auto parts store?

I Leak Oil
05-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Sean, the hubs should fit no problem. Keep in mind that if you only have two then you need to keep both lug wrenches. Also, you might have to open up the lug holes in the brake drum for the larger studs. If you do it you may want to modify the two older hubs to accept the press wheel studs so they're all the same and you won't have typical screw in stud issues later down the road. Given you're shop and you're work ethic this should be a piece of cake!:thumb-up:

stonefox
05-20-2011, 03:57 PM
Jason,I think thats what I'm gunna do.Pick up some new press in lugs and counter bore them into the hubs,that way I can stay with the acorn lug nuts.
I hope to get to "tip" one back on the B by the Sea weekend with you.Your coming down for Sunday only no?

I Leak Oil
05-20-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just for Sunday. Do you have room for an extra tent on your site if I can make it? I'd be happy to split it with you. Not sure yet though.

stonefox
05-20-2011, 04:35 PM
For sure! You know beer tastes better on Saturday anyway ,although I'd never turn my nose up to it on Sunday:D