PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Defender 90 -200tdi RHD Galvy chassis = SOLD

Lawrie
05-20-2011, 11:39 AM
July 8th. Update: Truck is now SOLD. and glad to say it went to a RN forum buyer - fleabay did not succeed. Thanks for your queries, interest.

5/27: Have reduced price from 14.5k -> $12,800 obo.

Truck located in Portland, Maine.

1984 Defender 90 - RHD UK stock 2.5 diesel vehicle which has had the following changes circa 2006:

-Fitted with 1995 Discovery 200tdi engine on Defender Lt77 gearbox, clean, bolt in with intercooler, correct air cleaner,..
- galvanised chassis placed under it; normal new brake pipes, bushes, shocks at same time (no rebuild of axles, just cleaned, oil changes,..)
- bulkhead, stripped, painted
- upper bulkhead/body, stripped, cleaned up
- doors stripped, repaired (rear replaced)
- new front bumper, odd bits done during re chassis

Truck was then imported here, had a normal brake job done (pads and shoes,..) driven by enthuisast for a year, misc service, items repaired, and then
- painted inside and out with Land Rover Bronze green and alpine white roof, wheels in October 2010.

truck is in van form (no rear side windows, no alpine lights).
has rear bench seats
spare and original jack
front seats are worn
door cards are good
doors, door bottoms are excellent
glass is fine,
wheels are steel and have matching 215/16 radials all season
power steering, good heat, synchro good, clutch plate done at engine swap, works as it should.
has old fm/cassette and poor speakers in back
rear ball hitch (fixed)
Rock sliders -heavy -proper ones

no diamond plate, not messed up, no patched holes in roof, flush (1984 period) door handles, dash is clean, not cracked, - very clean, straight and stock truck with the right engine.
engine does NOT smoke, starts instantly (uses original manual glow plug spring switch on key (twist and hold with amber light on dash).
gauges work, lights, including fog work fine. front headliner is in good condition but has some age discoloration (not smuggy nor droopy), rear is clean white paint on roof, sides are bronze green, floor has vinyl (single sheet over aluminum (front edge of rear floor just behind bulkhead does have two small holes.

-needs handbrake shoes assembly taken apart and cleaned, greased
-needs carpets (has new mats) could use soundproofing if you wish (old taked out as paint job is a good one, not a dripping, overspray,.. ugly one).

Truck has correct import papers and is currently registered and insured in VT. Sold complete, ready to register and drive.

Truck is excellent value as it has the tdi and galvy chassis with a clean slate to build, fuss with or just drive it.

Truck has folding windscreen, excellent candidate for a canvas.

please ask questions, can get better photos. also can help provide correct rear side window rubber seal and fixed safety glass cut to your spec.
Or
I am sure our hosts would be glad to provide:

-new seat cover kit, rear sliding windows and of course a canvas and hoops

Lawrie
(no my 110, nor the dinghy is for sale)

Lawrie
06-29-2011, 07:27 AM
New Price: $11,600 obo.

Truck is still available. Yes, I did try ebay - had various inquiries: I would reiterate that that engine is not a conversion -as 200tdi's were factory engines for Defender's and it is a Land Rover engine -it just has the Disco turbo below intake manifold Vs. above in factory Defender -which fits fine on a RHD.
Lawrie

msggunny
06-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Holy crap thats a good price.

I want, i want, i want.

However i have an 88 in pieces and a Disco 1 that needs TLC. Unless you want to trade....

Is it still in Portland?

Lawrie
07-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the calls msgguny - i will keep you and your son in mind for the next one.
And will be down soon for the Series hardtop, as the new rig arrives on the boat next week.