PDA

View Full Version : 1st Drive...didn't go far....

rastaman
05-20-2011, 06:50 PM
1973...Series 3 88

Well I went for my first drive today...(at least in my mind),didn't go far, as my Landy is still on jack stands. However it was the first time I have been able to have her running and been able to go thru the gears and also engaged the 4x4, All seems in working order.

So far I have cleaned,rust treated and painted the frame. All the electrics are working,except the blower motor. (I need a casing for it, any one have one laying around?). The fluids have been checked, changed or topped off. well all the oil I put in the steering box is presently relocating it self to the ground.

A lot of attention an effort was put into the cosmetics of the interior, and I am pleased with it.
Rims are painted and new clutch slave installed. If all goes well I hope to run her around the block sometime this weekend.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum( not only the ones that responded to my questions) as I have gained so much knowledge form going back through previous posts. I now feel like I am almost an experienced Land Rover owner.

I dont have a Guiness to celebrate. Will a Jamaican rum and Coke work?

Rasta

I Leak Oil
05-21-2011, 05:38 AM
What ever you like will work! It's your celebration! Now get it on the road, it's even better. Congrats.....

LaneRover
05-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Will a Jamaican rum and Coke work?

Rasta

Yes, yes they will!