PDA

View Full Version : 109 Frame

amcordo
05-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Is there any difference between a 109 pick-up and 109 SW frame?

Terrys
05-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Yes. One can be made to work with the other, but offhand I'm struggling to remember which is which. I "think" the SW frame can be made to work with the pickup, but the 3 door frame can't work with the 5 door. I'm sure if I'm wrong I'll be corrected.

Les Parker
05-21-2011, 10:32 AM
The main difference is the support for the rear bed, ie the S.W. has extra brackets on the chassis.
With some fabrication, or take the brackets of the old frame and put them on the pick-up frame....

SafeAirOne
05-21-2011, 02:19 PM
To add to what Les said...

The 5-door has fewer steel crossmembers on the underside of the tub, since it dips down in the front where the footwell is. Therefore there are fewer perches for these crossmembers to rest on attached to the 5 door chassis. However, on the 5 door chassis there are additional tabs welded to the top of the forward spring outriggers where the rear of the passenger footwell bolts to the chassis. These additional tabs are pretty much identical to the ones that stick up from the outriggers where the front of the tub is mounted.

Confused yet?

TeriAnn
05-22-2011, 08:41 AM
And don't forget the regular frame has a set of holes through the frame for a rear PTO shaft.

There are also slight differences in gussets at the rear that required some grinding when I fit a rear tank to my 109 regular frame, plus some different exhaust bracket locations.

I Leak Oil
05-22-2011, 09:35 AM
The regular frame has the brackets for a tailgate, S.W. does not. As far as converting goes though, it's really only the tub bracketry that you need to change.