PDA

View Full Version : 71 exmod wiring

siii8873
06-03-2011, 05:09 PM
my voodoo wiring problems keep returning. For sure no headlights or turn signals have not checked other items yet. All fuses look good. I am thinking my problem is with the 6way lighting switch. (are these problematic?) I pulled it out where I can get at it and have power to one of the inner lugs. when I turn the switch only one other lug gets power, hard to tell what color with the military wiring. I can tell the blue wire and that does not get hot in any position.
I do not have a wiring diagram for this setup. Anyone have one for an exmod, it has the 6 way switch, 4 fuse panel and NATO socket.
(Les could not get the CD to work)

LaneRover
06-03-2011, 06:42 PM
With wiring difficulties in old Rovers I nearly always start with the ground.

scatterling
06-03-2011, 07:16 PM
see if this helps. I know it is for a lightweight but the wiring colours and premise should be the same.
http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/Images/Electrical/rover1%2024Av.jpg
I know it was for my 75 exMOD. I used one of the other diagrams as a starting point for my 12 volt wiring harness.
If not check the other diagrams on the site.

jac04
06-03-2011, 08:12 PM
...more info from the same sight:
http://www.land-rover-lightweight.co.uk/Lights.html

siii8873
06-04-2011, 06:52 PM
I think these diagrams are real close. One additional ?? What does the key switch control. is it in series with the start button and that is all it controls?
I need to do more trouble shooting but with my first check I was only getting two hot lugs on the 6 way. The source one and one other, could,t see number. I tested this by grounding a test light and touching each lug with the switch in each position.
Is it typical for these switches have problems or are they quire reliable.

siii8873
06-05-2011, 08:55 AM
saga continues. Went out to do some checks on system. First of all truck would not start again, after pouring a little fuel in carb starts, took few times to stay running.
Next tried turn signals / worked fine, headlights also fine. Nothing worked yesterday and did nothing to systems from yesterday until today.
Hate these problems that keep changing their mind!!!!